Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Fahim, Distinct Sun, Víctor Paredes, erey, Belgarath, slowtiger

hayasidist
Posts: 2170
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:12 pm
Location: Kent, England

Re: Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

Post by hayasidist » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:56 am

chucky wrote:The internet is a strange place.
Yeah - internet searches... I was planning to put in a concrete base for a small shed, so I needed some broken up bricks, rocks, rubble etc to fill in the bulk of the space -- hard core as the building trade knows it (https://www.designingbuildings.co.uk/wiki/Hardcore ) -- before piling on the concrete

I should have known better than to try an internet search for local suppliers of that!
User avatar
chucky
Posts: 3935
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:24 am
Location: Van Diemen's Land
Contact:

Re: Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

Post by chucky » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:27 pm

Yep , here's another true one.
I needed a special cable for my guitar a few years back, it was a usb interface by m-audio I think.
I went into the local music shop in a small town near Sydney and asked if they had one.
The salesman (remember this is a small town, not an urban musos store), didn't think so but checked the internet " I could get one for you'.
Suddenly he froze, his eyes locked on the screen.
My mind woke from its slumber as I realised what was happening.

He couldn't look me in the eye but with an expression of disgust asked me the simple question.
' Did you say... Stealth Plug?'

:mrgreen:

Oh dear.
Sequential offender.
my latest animations
User avatar
InfoCentral
Posts: 932
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

Post by InfoCentral » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:08 pm

ruscular3d wrote: I tried to support you when you whine and complain about not getting enough support.
What are you talking about?
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
ruscular3d
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

Post by ruscular3d » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:28 am

InfoCentral wrote:
ruscular3d wrote: I tried to support you when you whine and complain about not getting enough support.
What are you talking about?
McCoy retracted his tizzy fit

However in his little overly defensive rant he expose his true feeling on using poser with MOHO and insert his high moral standard for the Poser community. I think he realize that he just alienated some of his base, and retracted his statement. Moho have been able to play well with other medium, and one of the reason why I love it. There are a millions ways to go ............I have no judgement or make any association of one character by the choice of software they like to use. Nor would I ban anyone for combining them to create art. I don't care if you do porn in your basement, but I do think this and any other public forum that is open to minor would not be appropriate. That being said any technique and tip that would help you make better porn in your own endeavor, more power to you! I just hope that people would feel welcome and invited to use whatever they want to combine with Moho and share how they did it.

As for news about MOHO 13, there isn't anything concrete that I have seen, so be chill and wait.
User avatar
InfoCentral
Posts: 932
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

Post by InfoCentral » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:26 am

ruscular3d wrote:I don't care if you do porn in your basement That being said any technique and tip that would help you make better porn in your own endeavor, more power to you!
So your doing porn in your basement?
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
User avatar
chucky
Posts: 3935
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:24 am
Location: Van Diemen's Land
Contact:

Re: Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

Post by chucky » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:08 am

Firstly forgive me if I've misunderstood this scenario @Ruscular3d.

I really don't understand why you are so upset with McCoy.
As far as I understand, it IS up to the creator and moderator of a group to dictate standards to its members.
Many would think that curtailing the objectification and dehumanisation of any group or individual would be an admirable objective for a site designed wide consumption.
If someone has a disapproving tone about it... so what?
I don't know if that warrants any attack, Ruscular. Personally, I don't think you should be offended at all.
You could look at your own work dispassionately and decide if particular images are suitable for sharing with a broad audience, or is it niche or perhaps too insensitive for all and sundry?
Would you proudly show your Mother/ teenage niece (for example), or really, is it more for the personal/ sexual gratification of a limited few, honestly?

Even if the task you might be trying to achieve is better animation or design, what is it that you are designing?
You could omit the stuff that's OTT for that purpose?
I used to work in the field of medical animation for doctors and industry and I can tell you right now, it wasn't all for public consumption.
In fact, we had to be careful not to shock even the doctors, when dealing with certain subject matters.

This isn't an issue of censorship, just sensitivity.
By all means, you should be able to produce and publish your experiments to your heart's content.
If however, you know it is NSFW, don't publish it on others sites unless that is in the charter.

That sounds fair enough, doesn't it?
Sequential offender.
my latest animations
ruscular3d
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

Post by ruscular3d » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:12 am

I am not the one attacking, McCoy retract his attack, because he feels that my using Poser that I'm doing pornography. I have not show any porn here or on his website, but I did use poser, and I don't recall him warning me for using Poser, which he stated that people who use it are into pornography. In his attack. It was my understanding that he object to using 3D with 2D on his site and doesn't like it here either. Before his attack I had no idea that I was ban from his site, or that he thinks that I am into pornography and that offend him and doesn't want me near his site, for the sole reason of how he felt about people using poser. So you would have to ask him why he is upset and obsess with being an anti-poser user.

I don't really care what you want to do in your own time as long as you are not hurting anyone.

All I said that got him upset that there isn't any news about Moho13 coming out, but that he started that rumor only to do some self promotion for himself. He launch into his attack of how he felt and then retracted his rant that has nothing to do with his "MOHO 13 coming out soon"

I don't think enthusiasm is a annoying trait. Presumptuous prude judgement is. Telling people that you need support because your love one is sick and then turn down people because you don't approve of what they might be doing with a particular software on your own time is ungrateful. A particular software doesn't make you superior to others, and that my friend is crazy talk. ..........oops crazytalk is another software?!?!? well you know what I mean.

I have mix feeling about taking down my statement after he retract his attack or keep it up just to defend people who use poser and keep this place to be less stifling of the creative process for people who want to use whatever software they want to combine. Or take down the whole embarrassing thread that isn't a "Moho 13 is coming thread".
ruscular3d
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

Post by ruscular3d » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:25 am

InfoCentral wrote:
ruscular3d wrote:I don't care if you do porn in your basement That being said any technique and tip that would help you make better porn in your own endeavor, more power to you!
So your doing porn in your basement?
Only if you pay me to!
deomacius
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 8:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

Post by deomacius » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:10 am

Telling people that you need support because your love one is sick and then turn down people because you don't approve of what they might be doing with a particular software on your own time is ungrateful.
No, it's called sticking to your principals. That's hugely commendable.
ruscular3d
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

Post by ruscular3d » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:40 am

I got to be honest that any more comment about McCoy, smells like more trolling.

SmithMicro produce Moho and Poser, and the artist that use either of these software doesn't mean they automatically are using porn. Freedom of speech protect your rights to use them however you create art. No one should make false accusation by association of the type of software they use. I have never post Porn here or on his site, and for doing porn for anyone that want to pay me for it, its not going to be very good. Plus I am tied up for the moment doing Yoga Illustration in poser.
User avatar
chucky
Posts: 3935
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:24 am
Location: Van Diemen's Land
Contact:

Re: Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

Post by chucky » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:46 pm

Image

Just kidding ruscular.

Back to topic:
Did you hear the news about V13?

I bet someone did, but they can't probably say.

:mrgreen:
Sequential offender.
my latest animations
User avatar
InfoCentral
Posts: 932
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

Post by InfoCentral » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:38 pm

I read in the quarterly financial report that a new version of Moho was going to be released but nothing about Poser which has been waiting even longer. :wink:
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
ruscular3d
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

Post by ruscular3d » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:51 pm

Financial report only show that Moho is still supported! I can't see any more extrapolation than that!
User avatar
alanthebox
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:31 pm
Location: california
Contact:

Re: Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

Post by alanthebox » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:46 pm

what sorts of features is everyone hoping to see implemented in the update?
ruscular3d
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

Post by ruscular3d » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:57 am

Their tracking system of one point is pretty good. If they could do multiple tracking that would be a competition for syntheyes which cost $500 and make facial capturing possible. But honestly, this last version will be good for many years. MOHO 12 is amazing as it is.
Post Reply