Content Paradise Shutdown Disussion

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Re: Content Paradise Shutdown Disussion

Post by DK »

Hi pihms.
Yes...I stopped putting new content up after I spent three days working on a product, doing all the splash screen art, tutorial files, Thumbnails, product descriptions, uploading which was a complete pain...only too not sell one damn copy. I have been with CP since it all began. It was called E-Frontier back then and actually had great sales until they revamped the whole thing the first time and the rot started. Links that had networked roots only time can create were severed and the sales came to a grinding halt. It has never really recovered from that first site rehash. Buyer details and other information was taken away from sellers as mentioned earlier by Jupitor6. Not to mention that guy "Zookeeper" that was spamming CP's 2D Moho content with hundreds of 3D rendered image sequences. It was all too much for me in the end. So I gave up and just stick to TV and series work these days. It pays better.

Re: Renderosity.
Been a long time member of Renderosity, not a seller, only go there when i need a free mesh .obj and would never visit it for anything 2D at all. Why would you? They've spent the last 10 years plugging renderosity as a Poser library. It looks like this whole deal is a hand off, like Wes mentioned. meybe they do need to make things leaner and cleaner for whatever direction they take next.

Cheers
D.K
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, I would agree that "Zookeeper" was the single greatest killer of Moho assets on CP, and spamming is an apt description.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

I bought quite a few items as well as upgrades through cp. Good resource imo.

I'd be curious to know what will happen to customer account information. Will it be reused in some fashion or just simply deleted? :?:
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Since CP days appeared to be numbered, I picked up a few assets on my wishlist. I especially like how DK set up his Wienertoonz rig. It's a standard switch set up with different views, but in this case there are 28 different poses/animations. Plus I like he how his reduced the phonemes to just 4, instead of the usual 10. Some really good ideas in this rig!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

There are definitely some gems buried in there. I picked up what peaked my interest ages ago.
DK

Post by DK »

Thanks neeters_guy. I spent a lot of time putting that together to make it the best product I possibly could. It wasn't a huge seller unfortunately but I really enjoyed working on it. I did put my hand up to port to Renderosity but now have had second thoughts so I will let all my content die a natural death along side of CP.

I'm not sure about others here on the forum but I only ever use about 4 phonemes in everything I do. The only phoneme I used to worry about was "R" but lately I have been using "E,S,T" as a substitute and it seems to work quite well.

Havn't posted anything for a while as I am flat out making TVC's for one of Australias largest caravan dealers.
Here's one I did for an Expo they did recently. The character I use has only 4 Phonemes, M,E,A,TH. The Airplane was done in AS 3D extruded.

http://www.creativetvandmedia.com/Forum/CTMWLC26918.mp4

Cheers
D.K
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

DK wrote:I'm not sure about others here on the forum but I only ever use about 4 phonemes in everything I do. The only phoneme I used to worry about was "R" but lately I have been using "E,S,T" as a substitute and it seems to work quite well.
Yeah, I usually only use five phonemes, at most.
jupitor6

Post by jupitor6 »

That's a mighty cute commercial, DK. Great going. I love it! :D
Still doing it.
DK

Post by DK »

Thanks jupitor6. Not artistically elegant as far as Moho goes as they have to be pushed out in a week so time is the constraint.

Cheers
D.K
chucky

Post by chucky »

Strewth DK, that was sooo Aussie! A week's pretty good, nice work cobber.
DK

Post by DK »

The voice is actually done by one of the owners of the business.....he has a real Aussie accent.
Cheers Chucky!
D.K
pihms

Post by pihms »

Nice work!
pihms

Post by pihms »

I wrote back to Renderosity a couple of times that I was interested in porting my content to sell over, not a peep back. Just looking over the earlier announcement that Content Paradise was switching Poser content over to Renderosity, with no mention of Moho. Has anyone heard different?
DK

Post by DK »

I recieved a message this morning from CP regarding an extension the are giving to people who want to port content:
In an effort to ensure that all our vendors have had the opportunity to move their content to Renderosity, we are extending the closure date to December 3, 2018.
I don't think I am going to bother....too much hassle for so little return.

Cheers
D.K
pihms

Post by pihms »

I was thinking that at first, but really they are footing the work to move the content over. I look at it that even if I didn't want to make any new content, I'll still receive a check every so often for what I do have, without having to do anything. It'll also provide support and interest for those wanting to use Moho. If I do get in the mood to create something on a whim, then I can post it or not. Many of you have great content, which I would think would be a good promotion to what you can do with Moho, especially for those people that need quality content. DK, you are one of those that has that quality, professional touch to your work.