From Poser to Moho..

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Sefardi

From Poser to Moho..

Post by Sefardi »

I have read just about everything there is about this and have not being able to find an answer to this problem. I can easily transfer a human character from Poser 11 into Moho 12, I can even animate it and change color, pose, size in Moho easier than I can in Poser. My problem is that when I try to do this using a Cartoon character from Poser it just does not work! I can easily transfer the cartoon character but cannot pose the character's bones, I can only pose or animate the clothing!! For example if I click on the forearm and move it it only "rips" the clothing from the forearm but does NOT move the forearm bone??? I also noticed that when I transfer the human character into Moho it does have 2 files: a .pz3 and a .pmd file, but for the cartoon characters it only has a .pz3 file??
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
ruscular3d

Re: From Poser to Moho..

Post by ruscular3d »

Its my understanding that you do the animation in Poser and save out the scene file and import that into Moho and only be able to move the whole character where you want it to be by way of translation and rotation and even shear as if its a layer property. I have not done much by way of importing poser into Moho. Most of the time I would render it out as a PNG file and then import that as sequence file into Moho. Poser11 pro has a new toon render option that I think is better and more versatile than Moho12. However I think Moho toon render isn't bad either. I would adjust the material for toon shader in Poser before saving it out to a scene file into Moho.
The PZ3 is your scene file! everything must work correctly in poser for it to work in Moho. as for clothes ripping and such that has to work in Poser for it to work in Moho.