.dat file works for Switch Layers, Not for LipSync Actions

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Monkey Possum

.dat file works for Switch Layers, Not for LipSync Actions

Post by Monkey Possum »

Hi, I'm trying to use the script "LipSyncWithActions". Link to .lua file below.

Running the script allows you to automate the process of copying keyframes from actions onto the main timeline. It is designed to work with .dat files generated from Papagayo, which contain a 2-column list: frame number, switch layer name. Instead of adding keyframes to switch layers, the script will copy the keyframe data from the action that is named identically to the switch layer name data.

This script worked perfectly as soon as I tried it. However, now I have run into a number of .dat files that give the error message "Not a proper switch data file". These same .dat files will work as expected when used as ordinary switch data files.

Other .dat files seem to work fine. I have one .dat file that the Script will load without the error message, but only copies a few of the action keyframes instead of all of them. For the life of me, I can't figure out what is different about the working / non-working .dat files.

Also, and I don't know if this is related or not, I keep getting a keyframe channel labeled "Eyebrow L" that appears on the left side of the timeline, no matter which layer is selected. There is a layer named "Eyebrow L", but why should it appear on the timeline when a different layer is selected?

Here is a link to the .lua file, 2 .dat files and 2 Moho Files with Head Rigs - one set up with actions, the other with switch layers. They both employ a custom set of names. Both .dat files work for me in "Head Rig With Switch Layers", but the one gives error message when using "Head Rig With Actions" and trying to run the script.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iyqyh1wugnzz ... XJPva?dl=0

Thanks for any help. Maybe it's pilot error? Maybe there is something slightly incompatible between this older script and Moho 12?
synthsin75

Re: .dat file works for Switch Layers, Not for LipSync Actio

Post by synthsin75 »

Haven't checked the dat files, but the "Eyebrow L" layer in the timeline is because it has timeline visibility set in the layers window.

EDIT: Both dat files work fine here.
Monkey Possum

Post by Monkey Possum »

Hi Wes,

Thanks for "timeline visibility".

Do you mean the .dat files work fine using the LipSyncWithActions script in "Head Rig With Actions.moho?"
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Monkey Possum wrote:Do you mean the .dat files work fine using the LipSyncWithActions script in "Head Rig With Actions.moho?"
Yes, both work fine to key the actions in that file.
Monkey Possum

Post by Monkey Possum »

Hmm. Same files, different result. Must be something with my computer, or my operating system, or????

I'm using a Mac Book Pro quad core, running 10.13.6 Let me try it on my Mac Pro.
Monkey Possum

Post by Monkey Possum »

OK, I tried in on my 6 core Mac Pro. OS 10.11.6. Same deal, I get: "Not a proper Switch Data File!"
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Looking at the text file line endings, it seems to be a problem with Mac not understanding different line endings (line feed only versus line feed and carriage return). Windows doesn't appear to have this problem. So probably one dat file was created on Windows.

You could change the line endings with a decent plain text editor, or someone could mod the script to account for this problem.
Monkey Possum

Post by Monkey Possum »

The script has been fixed so that it no longer has this problem. The fixed version is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pton9m4axwlts ... d.lua?dl=0