I'm Back

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sbtamu

I'm Back

Post by sbtamu »

I have been gone almost a year. I have been sick and had a stroke. The left side of my face is totally w/o muscle control and I have to wear an eye patch because I can't blink but I have recovered enough to get back to animating. It felt good opening Moho today and tinker with it and it seems I have remembered everything. :D :D :D :D :D :D
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
synthsin75

Re: I'm Back

Post by synthsin75 »

Welcome back, Steve!

Aside from recovering from a stroke, which I hear is no easy feat, remembering how to use Moho after that long is impressive in itself. Many people forget a lot when they're away for that long.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

synthsin75 wrote:Welcome back, Steve!

Aside from recovering from a stroke, which I hear is no easy feat, remembering how to use Moho after that long is impressive in itself. Many people forget a lot when they're away for that long.
Thanks Wes, My short term memory has suffered some and I often Start a task and then when I get to the location I can't remember why I was going there but after a few seconds It comes back to me. I got lucky because it hardly did anything to my left arm or legs, just my face. I can't smile anymore or blink and lost my sense of taste. Drs' say in 6 months I should gain 80% of my muscles in face back and taste.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Some of that sounds a bit like the movie Momento, which I rewatched this week. I would advise taking notes over tattoos. :wink:
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

welcome back and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Welcome back! You're doing well -- sometimes I can't remember how to use Moho after a good night's sleep...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Glad to have you back! To a speedy recovery.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Wow, that's a journey, Steve. Welcome back!
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

It's great that you are recovering, and trying to animate again, hopefully you animate for your enjoyment and don't put any undue pressure on yourself to create a great masterpiece. It's great to have you back!
"and then Man created god!"
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Welcome back! Take care and keep getting stronger.
DK

Post by DK »

Good to see you back mate!
D.K
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

I'm sorry for the delay and welcome back! I just read that you are recovering from a stroke. Sounds similar to Gilles Charbonneau ordeal and he's been back at it, and from what I can tell fully recovered. He also just came back, so the 2 of you have something in common and glad to have both of you alive and well! As for the health while doing stuff on computer, its important to eat well and keep moving. American Heart association guideline is for optimum conditioning of the heart you need at least 3 days of 45 minute cardio or 4 days of 30 minute of cardio per week. However DNA has a large probability of your health.

I know you know all this, but hoping to keep anyone else aware of how easy it is to get thrombosis of the leg that can lead to stroke while sitting down at the computer all day.
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

Welcome back Steve! I don't think I know you, but a moho user is always an acquaintance :D . Anyway, very glad to hear that your health is improving!
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

I feel for you, I had a similar experience several years ago, the road to recovery was arduous, so I wish you the best and I am very glad to see you here!
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Glad to see you back, Sbtamu!