Disable Thumbnail saves for Moho 12

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

0parkp

Disable Thumbnail saves for Moho 12

Post by 0parkp »

Hi there!

I was wondering if anyone knew if theres a way to DISABLE the thumbnail view of the Moho files in File Explorer. Is there a setting within the program?

I'd rather have them simply show to Moho logo rather than whats in the file, I know that this can prolong saving.

And I don't want this applied to all files in File Explorer (I already know about that feature) as I want to keep visuals on JPEGs etc

Thanks
hayasidist

Re: Disable Thumbnail saves for Moho 12

Post by hayasidist »

edit / preferences / documents / document preview thumbnail size / no thumbnails

hth
0parkp

Post by 0parkp »

hayasidist wrote:edit / preferences / documents / document preview thumbnail size / no thumbnails

hth
No, I tried that and it still shows the updates I make to save files (and not simply showing the logo)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

You may have to clear your icon cache...but I don't remember how to do it manually off hand. I have a bat file to clear the cache on Windows.
0parkp

Post by 0parkp »

synthsin75 wrote:You may have to clear your icon cache...but I don't remember how to do it manually off hand. I have a bat file to clear the cache on Windows.
Surely I shouldn't have to do something like that, just to get the program to do what it's supposed to do in the first place?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Moho doesn't have control over your system's icon cache.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Is is still creating new thumbnails after you disable the Thumbnails option?

Old thumbnails will remain in the cache until you or Windows clears them, so you should be checking what happens with new documents.

FWIW, I think the time Moho takes to generate a thumbnail is kinda negligible, and it's useful when you have many versions of a file with similar names. (Provided I'm even displaying in icon mode in Windows, which I'm usually not.)

I occasionally rebuild my icon cache using a .bat file I downloaded, not because of Moho but just for general Windows tidiness. I'm not sure where I got mine but there are many out there if you do a Google search.