sketch bones and Woolbuddy rig

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zoesan

sketch bones and Woolbuddy rig

Post by zoesan »

been absent for awhile, been looking at a blank page for 8 months with no script, think I've now got something too work with. Picking up on Woolbuddy rig video with two questions: what determines the number of bones, I notice 8 bones in the octopus clip or is a smooth bend determined by the Actions panel edit and if photoshop jpeg files used in the making how would you use side/front/back view jpegs to enable body/head turns.
Greenlaw

Re: sketch bones and Woolbuddy rig

Post by Greenlaw »

Bone length. Just set how long you want each bone to be in the tool's options. Shorter length will fit more bones in your path, longer length fits fewer.

When I'm drawing with Sketch bones, I'll draw a path and if I feel I need more or fewer bones, I'll undo, enter a new length value, and then re-draw the path.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

BTW, avoid making too many tiny bones...this doesn't necessarily make smoother bends.

In addition to the number of bones in the chain, 'smoothness' quality is determined by the number of points in your shape and how they are distributed and the strength setting of the bones.

You should practice Sketch Bone using a few different shapes and study the results you get. After a while, you'll develop of sense for which settings are optimal for your shape.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Additional comment:

If you're using image layers, Moho auto-generates an invisible mesh so it can be deformed by bones, but sometimes this auto-generated mesh doesn't have enough points for really smooth deformations. The auto-generated mesh usually works okay but when it's inadequate, you have no control over the quality of this mesh or the distribution of its points.

So, when you need a better mesh, you need to create a custom mesh that has exactly the shape and number of points you need to get the deformation quality you want. You can only do this in Moho 12 Pro.
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

will spend more time as mentioned with practicing on it, I have begun with the default bone setting, also will get to the mesh part of your post, both are new to work with. I thought the post was a bit wishy washy after the event so expected to get no serious reply, many thanks.