How to fix the FPS in viewport to a constant

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kerris45

How to fix the FPS in viewport to a constant

Post by kerris45 »

Hi guys ,

I would like to know if it is possible to set the FPS in the viewport to a constant speed ex 24FPS .(It varies for me depedin on tge CPU usage 24 - 50FPS or so even if it is set to 24FPS).

Thank you very much
slowtiger

Re: How to fix the FPS in viewport to a constant

Post by slowtiger »

Not possible. Remember that all stuff visible in Viewport is rendered on the spot, each layer, which is highly demanding on CPU power. So any software only has the choice of running your scene slower, or to drop frames. Reliable checking of timing is only possible in rendered videos.

Moho should, however, not run faster than the desired speed. Maybe it's just doing this to catch up after some complex frames?
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
kerris45

Post by kerris45 »

slowtiger wrote:Not possible. Remember that all stuff visible in Viewport is rendered on the spot, each layer, which is highly demanding on CPU power. So any software only has the choice of running your scene slower, or to drop frames. Reliable checking of timing is only possible in rendered videos.

Moho should, however, not run faster than the desired speed. Maybe it's just doing this to catch up after some complex frames?
Thank you very much dear sir , Of course it is impossible to force the CPU to play at constant speed if you dont have the necessary requirements to do it but in the contrary is possible as you mentioned . (I can do it under Autodesk Maya by enabling Playbackspeed : 24FPS because by default is set to play each frame which will depends on the complexity of the scene ) .

I find your answer logic if there is no option to enable or disable that . Maybe my computer playin faster because it tries to catch the dropped frames .

Thank you very much dear sir :D .
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Animation>Allow Frame Skipping
kerris45

Post by kerris45 »

synthsin75 wrote:Animation>Allow Frame Skipping
Thank you very much I was looking for this parameter . Be blessed .
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

If you're just checking your animation at full speed and you need to see every frame, use Preview Animation. This option quickly renders your workspace at a display quality (more or less,) and opens it as a movie file. It's ideal when you need to check only the animation quality. (To check render quality, just spot check a few frames with Ctrl-R)

For live previews where where project is too complicated to play in its entirety without losing frames, I just set a small range in the timeline for the section I'm working on. Usually, this is for lip or music syncing. I may also hide layers and characters I don't need to see in a preview...this speeds up the performance considerably. When I'm done, I'll run a preview animation of the full range as a final check before final rendering. (Remember to unhide the layers you want to see in your final render. Layer Comps can be useful here.)

Hope this heips.