A Group of Characters Running & Climbing

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

shayes0708

A Group of Characters Running & Climbing

Post by shayes0708 »

I am new to animation creation and have looked for classes online. What I get are degree programs and that is not my interest. I have MOHO 12, but I'm not sure if it will do what I want because I don't know how to use it. Some direction on learning would be greatly appreciated (without the expense and time of a degree program).
alanthebox

Re: A Group of Characters Running & Climbing

Post by alanthebox »

shayes0708 wrote:I am new to animation creation and have looked for classes online. What I get are degree programs and that is not my interest. I have MOHO 12, but I'm not sure if it will do what I want because I don't know how to use it. Some direction on learning would be greatly appreciated (without the expense and time of a degree program).
There are plenty of free Moho tutorials accessible on YouTube. Udemy.com also frequently runs specials for their training courses (the one I found most helpful was the Complete Rigging Course by McCoy Buck). Moho also comes with a tutorials document (accessible in the Help menu) that has a lot of useful information that can, at the very least, get you experimenting with the program.

No matter which path you choose, it's going to take some time to figure out how to effectively use the software. With that said, I've used several different programs, and Moho has become my favorite 2D animation program. So, it'll most likely be able to do whatever you want! It'll just take some practice to get there!

You may want to go to File/Import/Import Custom Content/Characters and import a pre-built character into a blank scene and just experiment with the process of animating a character.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

shayes0708 wrote:Some direction on learning would be greatly appreciated (without the expense and time of a degree program).
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32557
https://my.smithmicro.com/anime-studio- ... guide.html
https://my.smithmicro.com/anime-studio-webinars.html

And of course you would want to start with the Tutorial Manual under the HELP menu within Moho.
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
shayes0708

Post by shayes0708 »

Thank you!
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

It's helpful to separate out learning how to animate from learning how to use a specific software. If you are trying to animate running and climbing in a side view (like for a game) then you could probably get by with just following Moho specific rig-based tutorials. With almost any other situation, it becomes more important to learn about animation in general. I think a lot of Moho users get stuck feeling limited to animating things that their pre-made rig are capable of. Studying traditional animation will help you see where you can use rigs as a short cut without being limited to them. But again, it depends on what you're trying to accomplish.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

On Youtube you could check out AMB Animation Academy and the Art of Aaron Blaise for traditional animation tutorials.
shayes0708

Post by shayes0708 »

lwaxana wrote:On Youtube you could check out AMB Animation Academy and the Art of Aaron Blaise for traditional animation tutorials.

Thank you!
shayes0708

Post by shayes0708 »

lwaxana wrote:It's helpful to separate out learning how to animate from learning how to use a specific software. If you are trying to animate running and climbing in a side view (like for a game) then you could probably get by with just following Moho specific rig-based tutorials. With almost any other situation, it becomes more important to learn about animation in general. I think a lot of Moho users get stuck feeling limited to animating things that their pre-made rig are capable of. Studying traditional animation will help you see where you can use rigs as a short cut without being limited to them. But again, it depends on what you're trying to accomplish.
Thanks for this tip.