What happens if I change my motherboard ?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Tsongo

What happens if I change my motherboard ?

Post by Tsongo »

Hello,

If I change my motherboard will I lose my licence to use Anime Studio pro 10 and can that be reversed if I explain to somebody somewhere what happened ?

Also.. Does anybody else get really fed up with putting in the product key and re registering every couple of months or is that just what happens to me ?

Thank you.
alanthebox

Re: What happens if I change my motherboard ?

Post by alanthebox »

I have not had to re-register Moho Pro 12.5 since the initial activation. Can't speak for AS10, though!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

You should deactivate the license before changing the motherboard. This can be done from under the Help menu. Then, after the motherboard swap, you can reactivate the license.

The reason for deactivating is because you only get three activations, and the extra activations are useful if you need to run Moho on multiple computers. (For example, a desktop at home and a laptop on the go.)

If you happen lose all your activations, don't worry, all is not lost. You can still get them back. You'll need to deactivate the 'dead' or unavailable computers from your Moho license server account, then the activations will be returned for re-use.
Tsongo

Post by Tsongo »

That's good news, I can now continue with the planning of how to boost my computer without factoring in Anime Studio as well as a new copy of Windows.

Thank you.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Glad to help.

Just be sure to have your serial number handy for the reactivation.

If you have other programs the might be affected by the swap, you should deactivate them too. Some programs make it more difficult to retrieve lost licenses than Moho does.
Tsongo

Post by Tsongo »

Thanks, I'll be sure to investigate what programmes need what but I think it'll just be the movie editing and music ones that might give me grief. One even got a bit suspicious when I changed the hard drive !

It's not going to happen for a while it was just that I changed the hard drive which was killed by massive file moving and creating with Anime Studio after 12 years of loyal service and doing this made me think about upgrading the processor and memory again and most new processors wont fit on my motherboard.

If the license for Anime Studio is so lenient I might even put it on my daughter's laptop ( she's quite good with it and helped with my cartoon ) and go wild and buy Moho 12 when I'm in the mood for spending lots of money.