Timelag while animating

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Designspaceman

Timelag while animating

Post by Designspaceman »

Hi Animators,
I have a question concerning Moho 12. I build a character in eight different views. Every view contains some actions, switches and patches. Nothing unusual so far. In the scene only one view is visible at a time.
Now I'm starting to animate and get a time lag between grabbing a bone and the response of Moho. I'ts nearly 2 seconds per grab. When I delete some views from the file it's getting faster. When I have only one view in the scene i'ts fast as usual.
I switched of everything from the displayquality, but no change in behaviour.
Well eight characters (seven even not visible) ist not that much. Has anybody experienced this too? Do anybody know a trick to avoid this?
Greetings
The Spaceman
amanandink

Re: Timelag while animating

Post by amanandink »

hey Designspaceman
we have experienced that, but out rigs can be very complex, so i guess its not only the number of models but how complex they are and if you are running any layer scripts inside them. We usually store the views off in a separate file and only bring in the views you need into a scene, as you need them. that way the file is as small as possible for as long as possible.
chucky

Re: Timelag while animating

Post by chucky »

The biggest cause of lag in Moho currently is vector brushes, always turn them off in display... until the render revolution comes