No upgrade path

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Diana Kennedy

Re: No upgrade path

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Thansk Greenlaw,

I agree on what you wrote. Upgraded yeserday and I am happy I did so. Despite of some disappointing aspects.
pihms

Post by pihms »

In relation to all of this, how is the development team doing? From what I thought was mentioned, Mike Clifton is no longer apart of the development team, though graciously hosting this forum. Is there a dedicated team of developers that we can see this going forward with, or just one or two doing the coding? Moho is such an outstanding animation tool with way more potential to move ahead of the others.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

The coding team is not in the USA. Outsourced to somewhere else in the world. And just like Mike they are not animators, but programmers. There are two forums, one like this one where only the beta testers can be communicating with the programmers and another for reporting bugs. They do not know the programs source code like Mike does, but they have complete access to it and can make major changes to the program. The new image layer is from them.

Everyone on the beta team has signed an NDA. You should not get any information about changes before they are released.

Dale
3doutlaw

Post by 3doutlaw »

Yea, I just ran into this, and wanted to check over here to see if I was missing anything. :cry: I even sent a tech support inquiry to see if there was any upgrade incentive for AS 11 Pro users, but sadly they said no. I will stick with AS 11 Pro for now.

It did make me put Cartoon Animator in a Cart, and download a trial, so we will see how the comparison goes. Buying in on the Pipeline version there, with Mocap plugin and training is $150 less (for the next few weeks) than re-buying Moho...so it's tempting to just switch.
alanthebox

Post by alanthebox »

Interested to hear your thoughts on CA4. I downloaded the trial and tinkered around with it for a bit, but wasn't impressed enough with it to invest more time in learning a new piece of software. The mocap stuff is interesting, though!
Designspaceman

Post by Designspaceman »

alanthebox wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:05 pm Interested to hear your thoughts on CA4. I downloaded the trial and tinkered around with it for a bit, but wasn't impressed enough with it to invest more time in learning a new piece of software. The mocap stuff is interesting, though!
Well there are several very interesting ideas in this software: the 360° head creator is something I would like to see in Moho, easy pinning of bones and end affectors. But overall it lacks a lot of features that are essential to me. At this time it is on a good way but not as powerful as Moho.
Greetings