Creating a named color swatch/style.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

toymaker1

Creating a named color swatch/style.

Post by toymaker1 »

Hello.
I have been using Adobe Animate CC, but I am just starting to learn to use Moho 13 to see if it might be better than Animate. I have created a named color swatch (Guards Red) in the styles section. I do not know how to save that color/style, so that I can use it in my future work. As a test, after creating the named color/style, I created a new document, but my named color/style is not listed in the Styles drop down panel. - it only appears in the original document in which I created that color style. Can anyone tell me how to save a named color style so that it can always be used in all my future work? Thanks for any advice. I am using Moho 13 on iMac osx 10.14.5 Mojave.
slowtiger

Re: Creating a named color swatch/style.

Post by slowtiger »

Styles are document-dependent. To transfer a style into another document, you need to create an element which uses the style, and import it into the other document.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
toymaker1

Post by toymaker1 »

Thanks slowtiger. That is very useful information. From what you say, It seems that you can import a specific style (in my case a named color swatch) into a new document, but you cannot create a color library (as in Animate CC/Photoshop etc), which you can then use in all your work. That's unfortunate.
Thanks for your advice.
chucky

Post by chucky »

You can export styles GO file export/export styles, you get the option to export a single style or all the document's styles. This file you can import to another Moho file.... not Adobe apps, of course.
It is also unfortunate the Adobe's library system only opens in Adobe products. :mrgreen:
amanandink

Post by amanandink »

You can setup a colour palette file, of colour swatches with the styles used to paint them. then if you import the vector swatches as a reference into your moho files you can use the styles to colour models, And if you go back to the original master swatches file and need to adjust the colours, you can run an update on the swatches in the referenced file and bring in the updated colours.
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

Probably not what you specifically asked for, but you can also import images as a color swatch, and I like to create them to be the same size as the ones that come with Moho. You'll find them located in Resources/Support/common/swatches. Width 177 + Height 111 pixels in PNG format. You can drop your own ones into this folder if you want them to always be there, otherwise you can just click on Swatches and import them under the Custom tab.
toymaker1

Post by toymaker1 »

Thanks to Chucky, amanandink and djwaterman for useful tips about creating a color library in Moho.