Moho 13 Render times

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SuperSGL

Moho 13 Render times

Post by SuperSGL »

Just purchased the upgrade to 13 from 12 and did a couple of test renders thought I would post with the results. Mind you I have a very fast computer (pc)
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Intel i7-6700k cpu 4.00GHz
32GBs
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
20447MB total graphics memory

Opening the Morphibian Scene on start up and rendered out at 1920 x 1080 / 16sec animation with everything turned on = 20min
The ZorbaTron Scene on start up rendered at 1280 x 720 / 25sec animation all the bells and whistles = 9min

I saw long render times for others and bitmap images in the trial version seemed to take awhile so I was a little nervous but the results arn't to bad. The ZorbaTron Scene crashed Moho twice on load but third time didn't fail.
Moving around clicking on things and then undo several times ...like 20, crashed the program as well. but I saw a comment by Greenlaw mentioned the software team were working on bug fixes. Turning on GPU Accel. slowed down the bitmap drawing.
All in all I like this new version the only tool missing from the bitmap tools is some sort of blend or smudge tool that would be great but still can import it into another program and bring it back I guess for now.
Hope all this helped someone.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
dueyftw

Re: Moho 13 Render times

Post by dueyftw »

When you push any animation program you say the computer animators prayer; "Please don't crash, please don't crash. (repeat until render is done)"

Rendering to sequence images allows you two things. You can render small parts and assemble them with different codecs as needed.

Dale

'