Moho pro 12 faster than moho pro 13

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

opeth

Moho pro 12 faster than moho pro 13

Post by opeth »

we work regularly with moho pro 12 and then we bought moho pro 13. We try some old our animation project (made by moho pro 12 ) with moho pro 13. We saw that its slower than moho pro 12 when we played our animation. Also preview screen opened slowly.(ctrl+e) .
So i tried some moho's charachter. If you compare moho 12's characters called 'Kukulkan' ( File-import-import custom content - characters-kukulkan) with moho 13's kukulkan. You will see that moho 12's kukulkan preview screen (crtl+e ) open faster than moho 13.

Do you think moho 12 faster than moho 13.?
Moho 13 / 13.5 MacBook Pro 16'2 M1 Max 32gb.
synthsin75

Re: Moho pro 12 faster than moho pro 13

Post by synthsin75 »

If you're comparing v12.5 to v13, remember, 12.5 had five updates to fix bugs and make improvements. Early adopters of a new version of software should expect a few growing pains...until a point release or two is out.
opeth

Post by opeth »

synthsin75 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:31 pm If you're comparing v12.5 to v13, remember, 12.5 had five updates to fix bugs and make improvements. Early adopters of a new version of software should expect a few growing pains...until a point release or two is out.
You are right but we want to work continuing project with moho 13. But its painful work with it. We just wait for preview (ctrl+e) maybe 10sec. (moho 12 just 1sec) We really love moho 13 and its not shut down like moho 12 but it should be faster then 12 or it should be equal
Reindeer

Post by Reindeer »

I have not experimented enough with 13 to say whether it's generally slower or not, but in one respect I just found its performance better, and that's in playing back imported video.
I have some reference footage I need to add animation to. I've compressed the file from 4K to the same video size but way way smaller in bitrate and quality (though, being videos and images only referenced in Moho, I wonder whether this really makes a difference in performance. I also don't know whether GPU acceleration influences video playback, but just to be sure I turned it on both in Moho 12.5 and my trial Moho 13.)
Quality of the video aside, once it's imported in Moho 12.5 it has awful clunky playback (maybe 5 Fps). The same file in Moho 13 behaves much better, maybe not the exact framerate of the source video but it's enough to work with.
opeth

Post by opeth »

Reindeer wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:00 pm I have not experimented enough with 13 to say whether it's generally slower or not, but in one respect I just found its performance better, and that's in playing back imported video.
I have some reference footage I need to add animation to. I've compressed the file from 4K to the same video size but way way smaller in bitrate and quality (though, being videos and images only referenced in Moho, I wonder whether this really makes a difference in performance. I also don't know whether GPU acceleration influences video playback, but just to be sure I turned it on both in Moho 12.5 and my trial Moho 13.)
Quality of the video aside, once it's imported in Moho 12.5 it has awful clunky playback (maybe 5 Fps). The same file in Moho 13 behaves much better, maybe not the exact framerate of the source video but it's enough to work with.
We tried some video (full hd ) on moho 13. Really better than 12. But when we use same .moho project on moho 13 its really slow movement and preview on animation . So we have to use moho pro 12 this continuous project. :(
Reindeer

Post by Reindeer »

For what it's worth (I guess not much, every setup is different), I just tried to compare some of my more complicated files (in terms of quantity and complexity of animated material, camera movements, etc) and I found no visible difference in performance between 12.5 and 13. The unrendered playback speed is choppy in some files, but so equally in both 12.5 and 13.