Shrink Timeline, MOHO Pro 12

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

tosiyori

Shrink Timeline, MOHO Pro 12

Post by tosiyori »

How to "Shrink" the time line in pro 12. When copy & paste several key frames only limited to the time line shown. i want to extend the copy up to 1000, In order to do this it requires several moves. If the timeline could be shrunk to show 1000 it would speed up things considerably.
Greenlaw

Re: Shrink Timeline, MOHO Pro 12

Post by Greenlaw »

To zoom in and out of the Timeline, use the buttons in the upper right corner of the Timeline window.

The maximum viewable range of the timeline appears to be limited by the resolution of the monitor. For example, on my main screen at work, I can display a maximum of 2040 frames of the timeline; on the Cintiq I can display 1408. If I undock the Timeline, I'm guessing it will display more.

That said, I don't think the timeline is very usable at that scale because it becomes difficult to select and move the keys precisely. I usually have mine set between 1 to 3 (348 frames) zoom levels and use the R mouse button to pan the timeline to the range I want to work in. It's rare for me to work on a section of the animation longer than a couple hundred frames. For me, it's easier to make an edit in a smaller section and then pan the timeline to the next section. (Tip: use Timeline Markers so you know what's happening in each section. I use different color markers to denote dialog/sound vs. action notes vs. effects. If you enter text with multiple lines for a marker, hovering over the marker reveals the entire note.)

The highest I ever go (on the Cintiq) is maybe 4 levels (702 frames) and that starts to get a little difficult to work with. (For me, anyway.)