Moving/mixing action references on timeline

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sandorjozsefbenedek

Moving/mixing action references on timeline

Post by sandorjozsefbenedek »

Hi everyone!

Pretty new to the forums! :)
I got a question. I got a dog character rigged up in Moho. I made premade animatios in actions, like barking, sitting, excited, lay down, walking, running etc..
I can use the references on the timeline pretty nicely. The actions have animation in main group, bone and vector layers. When I add the action reference on its main group, I got the little dot keyframe indicator, followed by an arrow and a yellow stripe with the actions name on it. Thats all great.
As it seems this type of indicator is added on all different animated layer channels, like bone, vector etc. My question is, can I MOVE all of these on the timeline at once? With one drag to left or right? Or I need to move them channel by channel? It would be pretty cool if I could , similar to Cinema4D-s motion clips, where I can move, mix and match different animations. Is there a way to do this?

I hope this was clear my English isnt the best, let me know if you need images or videos to make it more easy to understand.
Thanks in advance! :)
Greenlaw

Re: Moving/mixing action references on timeline

Post by Greenlaw »

Yes, you should be able to do this. Moho can display the keys for multiple selected layers and you can select and move the keys all at once. To select multiple layers just hold Ctrl and click each layer. Use Shift-click on the first and last layer if you want a consecutive selection.

If you have animation keys in multiple layers and you need to edit certain layers together frequently, consider using the Timeline Visibility option in the Layers window. This option allows enabled layers to remain in the Timeline window even when they are not selected.

It's also helpful to add Timeline Markers so you can recognize where the events occur without scrubbing.
sandorjozsefbenedek

Hi Greenlaw

Cool, thanks for your answer. This helped me quite a lot. Although, its still a lot of selecting and clicking in order to move all the animated channels. The thing that I mentioned in cinema4D that using motion clips on a whole different timeline, where basically all your different animations are compact consolidated object and the editing/mixing that way is really comfortable and playfuly easy. Is there any similar solution to that in Moho?
Thank you for your answer, truly helped. :)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, I see what you mean. Kinda like mixing animation clips in Moho Builder to create new animations.

In Moho, no, not really. The closest thing is pasting saved Actions directly to the timeline and then shifting the keys to mix motions, just as you're doing now.

Moho does have a Sequencer, which displays animations as moveable tracks, but it's really not the same thing. Sequencer is limited to only sliding the tracks, and you can't scale, overlap or otherwise mix motions the way you're talking about. It would be cool to see this feature developed into a real 'animation clips' editor like what we have in some 3D programs. Might be worth suggesting to the devs.

(Although, personally, there's a list of other things I'd prefer to see implemented first.) :)
sandorjozsefbenedek

Hey

Thank you for your answers. Ok then it doesn't exist. :) I knew sequencer and very few times I used it. Yeah its not what I was looking for.
There are still a lot more things to improve and implement into Moho that's for sure. ;) Thanks again.