Customer Support has been disappointing

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mgo

Customer Support has been disappointing

Post by mgo »

Hey there, I wish that my first post was more positive, but I am disappointed my what Smith Micro calls "customer support".

I have a licensing issue with a couple of questions. The support agent at first didn't even bother going through all of them, instead providing a one line non-answer.

Every response since then takes days, and the issue has been open since Nov 19th.

TBH the issue is partially user error, but misleading/insufficient information was provided by SM which led to a bad decision on my side.

I even asked if an upgrade to 13 would resolve the issue. I've been waiting since Dec 3rd for an answer. Nothing so far.

I don't wanna go down on rant road if this is a temporary personnel shortage, but generally such behavior from companies raises all sorts of red flags on my side.

What has been Your experience with customer support so far?
🚀
Greenlaw

Re: Customer Support has been disappointing

Post by Greenlaw »

It's been a very long time since I used Smith-Micro's official customer support. From your description, it sounds like the person you reached may not be trained to answer specific software questions and is simply reading from a database of general answers. I don't think this was always the case but SM did cut back on staff a while back and maybe CS was one of the casualties. Anyway, I hope you get better service from them soon.

For what it's worth, over many years, I've had very good luck asking questions in this forum. The users here usually have the answers I seek, and occasionally a Moho developer will take the time to answer questions here. I don't think this forum should be a substitute for customer support but it's generally worked well for me.

So if you have any questions, try asking here. In many cases, you might get a quicker and more relevant response.
mgo

Re: Customer Support has been disappointing

Post by mgo »

Case closed. I more than once was close to ditching Moho for good, just because I was so disappointed by how the issue was handled. Or rather ignored.

The support agent in charge didn't bother answering for weeks, deleted a second support request without notice, and closed the original one just so. Luckily someone on Twitter took a minute to go through my problem. While the solution wasn't really satisfactory, it was at least delivered in a kinder manner.

I can't assume that my support case got assigned to the worst person on the planet, and I am pretty sure that folks doing such jobs have bad (if any) training, get less-than-stellar money for it and have a lot of pressure from all sides. The experience is just a solid hint that Smith Micro doesn't really care a lot about Moho (customers). I hope I won't regret spending money on the latest upgrade.

Sorry for the rant :)
🚀