AS Pro V5 Questions: 1)Brush Settings 2)up grade?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Will_3

AS Pro V5 Questions: 1)Brush Settings 2)up grade?

Post by Will_3 »

OK, I found my old version of Annie Studio 5 and installed it on my Win7 PC and it works.

1 - Everything seems to work so for except the Brush Settings to work on Shape.
In my case a simpe rectangle... Fill Color, Line Color, Line Width all work for this shape named "Shape Test"
But not the Brush Tool... at least I can't see it on the screen... I can select different things in the Brush Stroke window but I see nothing happening on the Shape.
Any ideas? (I'm quite sure this is operator error but I'll be darn'd if I can figure it out. (Yep, I have the shape named and selected... but Brush Settings no workie)

2 - I see Moho Debut 13 is out... but Moho Pro is there too... but a lot more expensive... Since I have a "pro" version with Anime Studio 5... I wonder if I would loose capability if I bought the new Moho Debut?

3 - Wonder if they will actually upgrade my old version and give me a discount off the new price... or not?

Thanks for any help.
synthsin75

Re: AS Pro V5 Questions: 1)Brush Settings 2)up grade?

Post by synthsin75 »

Good news, glad you found it.

Make sure you have brushes enabled in the display quality settings, or render a frame to see if they show up.
They only upgrade from the last version nowadays, and Debut 13 will still have some limitation that AS5 Pro doesn't, like length of animation, resolution, number of audio layers, etc..
Will_3

Post by Will_3 »

Thanks Wes, enabling brushes in the display settings did it.
Regarding Moho's newer versions... just to make sure I'm clear... are you saying that the versions of Moho Debut V13 "limits the length of animation, resolution, number of audio layers, etc.."
Thanks again for the help.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yep, those limitations between Debut and Pro largely still exist. So while upgrading to Debut 13 would get you a ton of new features, the very basic things that you may be use to will be restricted.

Here's the complete comparison chart: https://my.smithmicro.com/docs/moho/Moh ... arison.pdf