Win10 and Moho12 versus Moho13

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

EricTheFish

Win10 and Moho12 versus Moho13

Post by EricTheFish »

Hi all, I have upgraded my PC from Win7x64 to Win10x64. I have both Moho12.5 and Moho 13 installed using separate content folders, so I believe they should run without conflict.

I am running A/B tests with a simple file to compare version behaviour and finding strange things happening in Moho 13.

I'm wondering if there are some compatibility issues between the Moho versions and Win10. e.g. LUA script support. I had no issues running scripts with Moho12.5 on Win7.

For example:
I installed the amazing "Mix Smartbones" script into both versions. It works perfectly in Moho 12.5 but crashes Moho 13 instantly to desktop. No warning or message, just GONE!

Also:
Using Moho 12.5, some scripts that ran OK under Win7 just don't run under Win10, others run with no problem.

Has anyone else had experience with different Win OS and Moho versions?

thanks for any advice, I've trawled around for info, but I'm a bit stumped.

Eric
EricTheFish
Artist, musician, animator, coder and dabbler in stuff
www.tech-nique.co.uk
synthsin75

Re: Win10 and Moho12 versus Moho13

Post by synthsin75 »

EricTheFish

Re: Win10 and Moho12 versus Moho13

Post by EricTheFish »

Hi Wes,
I've been in contact with the chap behind the really useful Mix Smartbones script and he tells me there is an issue with the LUA API in Moho13 and he has reported this to the developers who promised a fix.
He also mentioned that it has been a few months and he's not heard anything yet.
Fingers crossed on this one.
EricTheFish
Artist, musician, animator, coder and dabbler in stuff
www.tech-nique.co.uk