Timeline: no sublayrs

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

docsascha

Timeline: no sublayrs

Post by docsascha »

Hi
I am a newbe an amateur, during one animation I wanted to make a camera movement and realized that there is NO layeres for camera shown in timeline, even if I have activated it in "VIEW" Menue "Tuimeline-Chanels.
The timeline shows the respective channels but if I move the camera there is just a nark in the rexpective layer at the timepoint bur NO camera symbole, so it is nearly impossible to change camera positions within the animation since you cant see camera movements an position in the timeline seperatly
in timeline every layer is shown with a symbol "all Channels" right click does not help

What can I do?? It seems that I have done something? Closing an reopening does not help
Maestral

Re: Timeline: no sublayrs

Post by Maestral »

Risking the rank of Cpt.Obvious - you know timeline window can be scrolled up/down?
Depending on how 'wide/tall' is your timeline window, camera channels might just need a few turns on your mouse wheel over the tl !?

To resize tl window, hover between the main and tl window till up/down scaling arrows appear. Once you have that position - click, hold, resize.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

To add to Maestral helpful comment, you might also consider hiding unnecessary channels in the Timeline. By default, Moho can insert a ton of extra channels there that aren't particularly useful during animation and may force more useful channels, like the camera for example, very far down the list. To see how to optimize the Timeline view, check out this video at around 8:50 or so: https://vimeo.com/335696360

Hope this helps.
docsascha

Post by docsascha »

Hi Maestral, Thanks, but I have scrolled down and there is nothing, I see only ONE timeline entry for two layers and I have added a Camera pan, tilt and zoom
I can`t understand why there is only this "page" symbol in the timeline
here is the screenshot
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

This doesn't seem likely but could the camera channels be hidden in Timeine Channels? Check the video mentioned above for more info on using the feature.

Posting a screen cap of what you're seeing might help. (Edit: I see you did post a screen cap but I'm only seeing a broken image icon.)
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
docsascha

Post by docsascha »

Hi Greenlaw

Resetting options to standard helped, now everything is back where it belongs
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Cool! Glad you got it working.

I wonder what exactly got reset though? Anyway, thanks for posting your solution. :)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

docsascha wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:03 pm ...in timeline every layer is shown with a symbol "all Channels" right click does not help
That means all animation channels are consolidated to one. Right-clicking that "page" icon and selecting "Un-consolidate Layer Channels" will show the individual animation channels.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, yeah...duh. I never use that option and completely forgot it existed. :)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, I never use it either. And if he hadn't said "all channels" I would have missed it.
docsascha

Post by docsascha »

Hi

"Right-clicking that "page" icon and selecting "Un-consolidate Layer Channels" will show the individual animation " did not work
interestingly, after deselecting all bone-layers in the "Timeline-Select" got all bone-layers lost, they are not even within the "timeline-select" window anymore
Seems to be a bug
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Not a bug. You need to use the global Consolidate Layer Channels command under the Animation menu. You can tell it's on by the check mark next to the command, and all layers in the Timeline will be represented by a single 'document' icon in the timeline.

Go ahead and try it and see if this looks like what you saw before.

The idea behind the global option is to simplify keyframing for novice animators. I personally don't recommend it though, not even to beginner Moho users.

The right-click version of the command is a per layer option. This command is a useful in the rare situation where you really don't want to see the separate channels for that item. Unlike the menu version, this only affects the selected layer. In the years I've been using Moho, I can think of a couple of situations where I found this pretty useful.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
docsascha

Post by docsascha »

Thanks, that helped,
it is great that professionals like you helping amateurs, one of the things the internet does still well

sascha