Thanks Mike

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

InfoCentral

Re: Thanks Mike

Post by InfoCentral »

Lost Marble wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:19 am Does anybody use a hosting company they really like?
I use webhostingpad.com because I'm cheap. :wink:
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Thanks for the offers of help, but hosting isn't that expensive. I don't mind paying some to keep this going. Just not sure who's a reliable provider. Most of them just seem *too* cheap. Hosting for $2 or $4 a month is just so ridiculously cheap that I wouldn't expect it to be very reliable.
WesHowe

Post by WesHowe »

I have used lypha.com for 10+ years (maybe 15, not sure). It's moderately priced, just under $100/yr and includes one domain renewal. "Unlimited" bandwidth and disk space, although I suspect that might be challenged if you were a big user. It's a shared server using some flavor of Unix.

I haven't run my personal website for years, but when I did it worked fine. I keep renewing for the vanity email.

- Wes
Stan

Post by Stan »

Mike, there's a not-so-big hosting company where I host mohoscripting.com, it's not a big corporation but it's very reliable. I never had any problems since when I switched to them and the best part is that I personally know one of the owners. So, if you take the forum on their service, in case if the forum goes down, I will immediately call my friend and the problem will be solved before you know it happened.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

I've not been here for a while, but am so glad to see it's still a happenin' place!
Thanks for everything Mike, we appreciate you! And awesome to see the old crew still in here!!
Best,
D.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

funksmaname wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:13 am I've not been here for a while, but am so glad to see it's still a happenin' place!
Glad to see you back! :)
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I have stop animating for a while. But come to check on what's going on.

Things have changed for everyone. So who knows maybe I'll see you Mike at one of the CTN expos in a few years.

Dale