Can't right click keyframe

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Jkoseattle

Can't right click keyframe

Post by Jkoseattle »

I have installed Moho on my new PC, and transferred over keyboard shortcuts. Everything seems to be working ok so far, but for some reason I can't right click on a keyframe in the timeline. Well, of course I CAN right click on it. But nothing happens. I created a new project on this machine and the right clicking works fine. But I have tried three projects which I originally created on the old machine, including one very small one.

A minute ago I suddenly was able to right click on a keyframe from an old project and got the menu, but then I tried a minute later and it no longer worked.
Most of the time I'm doing music stuff. Check me out at http://www.jimofseattle.com/music.

Thing I did for work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgFYGqifLYw
slowtiger

Re: Can't right click keyframe

Post by slowtiger »

Have a look if the layers are locked accidentially?
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I haven't seen that myself but I've heard about it from other users. Not exactly sure what could cause that but here are some things to try:

Maybe your computer isn't allowing you to select the keys at certain zoom levels in the Timeline? Try changing the zoom level by clicking the zoom icons.

...or...

Maybe it's a Windows Display Scaling issue? In my experience on various computers, Moho's UI does not scale properly with Windows Scaling set to non-standard sizes and may result in unexpected behavior. Try changing it to 100%. If it works fine there, then try other sizes if you don't want 100%.

Where I typically run into problems is when the computer has a high-density screen, like on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2. Originally, with the high-res display setting, I set it to something like 150%. The scale looked good but I got some irregularities in the Tools window. In the end, I reduced my screen res to 1920 x 1080 and set Windows Scaling to 100%. Moho then looked and worked perfectly. And since the Companion's display is only 13 inches, 1920 x 1080 was actually more usable.

Anyway, in my case, the Windows UI scaling problem was more visual but I suspect the non-standard scaling might also make the 'click-zones' less accurate.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

More info:

I remember seeing a similar problem on one of my co-worker's secondary displays at work, which is a large size Cintiq. Moho mostly worked but she couldn't click on keys in the Timeline. I don't recall what I did to fix that problem but I probably just dropped the display to 1080 and set Windows Scaling to 100% like I did with my old Companion. Probably not an ideal solution for a large display but worth trying?

FWIW, I'm pretty sure I currently have my large Cintiq at work set to 1080 with Windows scaling set to 100%. I mainly did that for Moho but I also run a bunch of other programs (AE, Nuke, Maya, LightWave, ZBrush, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.,) on that display too, and the res is fine.
Jkoseattle

Post by Jkoseattle »

Thanks Greenlaw! That fixed it. I adjusted the resolution for my laptop and both my external monitors to the same setting, which is a lot lower for the laptop than it can handle, but everything looks ok and it's working now. Thanks!
Most of the time I'm doing music stuff. Check me out at http://www.jimofseattle.com/music.

Thing I did for work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgFYGqifLYw