MOHO basics?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SuiRad

MOHO basics?

Post by SuiRad »

I feel like I'm missing some information on Moho that may seem to basic for most people to think about. I've run into a problem. I'm unsure of how to get the add point tool to create lines that aren't curved. Very simple it seems, but the real problem is that I am unsure of how to go about finding the fix to this problem for myself. Does anyone have a link to basic knowledge that I may have overlooked with this software?
slowtiger

Re: MOHO basics?

Post by slowtiger »

When you add a point it usually will be a curved one like the ones before and after. Select a point, cmd-P for Peak, cmd-C for curve, a line between two peak points will be straight.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Also, before adding any point, you can select the Add points tool and check 'Sharp corners' in the tool's properties.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
MrMiracle77

Post by MrMiracle77 »

Moho defaults to curves. You can either enable sharp corners (banner at the top when you have 'add point' selected) or you can use the curve tool (next to add point) to change the curvature after you've added the point (click and drag left/right for sharper/curvier).

I find it easier to start with sharp corners and make them curvy than to start curvy and make them sharp.
- Dave

(As Your GM)