Moho limitations

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lychee

Moho limitations

Post by Lychee »

Hello !

I think it would be good to have a permanent topic entitled "Moho Limitations", in which we could put all the limitations that we would meet during our creations.
This could help the developers to improve the program and at the same time inform each other of what we can and cannot do.

For example, I just realized that by making a bone folder and by transforming it into a switch folder, and that I was putting my elements to control in a sub-folder, it is impossible for me to have access to my bones in this sub-folder.
They are simply invisible.

Another annoying limitation is the fact of not being able to re-convert a bone or a switch into a folder.
synthsin75

Re: Moho limitations

Post by synthsin75 »

Lychee wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:09 am For example, I just realized that by making a bone folder and by transforming it into a switch folder, and that I was putting my elements to control in a sub-folder, it is impossible for me to have access to my bones in this sub-folder.
They are simply invisible.
Seems like an oversight from when they added nested bone control. You can still manipulate, point bind, etc. those bones, if you can find them while not seeing them. PITA.
Another annoying limitation is the fact of not being able to re-convert a bone or a switch into a folder.
I agree. I assume they didn't want people to lose bone rigs by accidentally reverting to a group layer, but certainly they could have had a warning to confirm.
BigBoiiiJones

Post by BigBoiiiJones »

Just the fact there isn't proper guides or even good transform tools for skewing, stretching, etc... Is pretty annoying and limiting. I also don't like the limitation on how Moho handles custom vector brushes. I'd much rather have a system similar to Clip Studio Paint EX or Toon Boom Harmony. I'd also like a option for more traditional coloring with vectors like seen in Harmony, Animate, and CACANi. To be fair the coloring tools are a tad annoying since vectors have to create shapes in order to color things it essentially makes Vector FBF a lot more complicated to unless I'm missing something. Another nit pick I have is how the effects tab. Why even have it if there is only a handful of options to choose from and they're very outdated and inconvenient to work with. I wouldn't get your hopes up for a future update. SM pretty much abandoned software development and is doing mobile development primarily.
softdraw

Post by softdraw »

also there is no manual skining option such as weight tool that can be used to control the amount of influence point get from any given bones.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my work https://www.behance.net/softdraw