Cost of upgrade to Moho Pro 13?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Bluefountain

Cost of upgrade to Moho Pro 13?

Post by Bluefountain »

Cost of upgrade from Moho Debut 12 to Moho Pro 13.
Cant find the info anywhere.
Its usual to be invited/alerted when clicking on 'updates' inside the app

Anybody upgraded ? - Im in the Uk btw
synthsin75

Re: Cost of upgrade to Moho Pro 13?

Post by synthsin75 »

If anything, I'd want to upgrade to 12.5 Pro, as v13 has problems. But since SM no longer sells v12, you'd probably have to pick it up on Amazon or somewhere.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

First of all -- I totally agree with Wes (synthsin75) -- 12.5 doesn't have the new features but, therefore, also doesn't have the problems that many 13 users have encountered in a production environment, forcing them to revert to 12.5. 12.5, IMO, is an overall better product. You can get it from amazon (UK) for £345

however, if you **really** want 13: it's here https://my.smithmicro.com/moho-pro-upgr ... check.html ($330)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I too recommend upgrading to Moho Pro 12.5. In my opinion, Moho Pro 12.5 is currently the most stable and useful version. FWIW, we still use 12.5 at the studio where I work.

Moho Pro 13 introduced intriguing new features, like Paint Tools and an improved Actions window, but it also created serious workflow and usability problems that need to be addressed. Sadly, it's been a very long time since the developers released a patch.

IMO, if Smith Micro wants to maintain/expand their customer base, they should bundle 12.5 and 13 together. This way, animators can play around with the new features in Moho Pro 13, but use Moho Pro 12.5 to actually get work done.

For now, if you shop around, Moho 12.5 should still be available from 3rd party vendors.
Bluefountain

Post by Bluefountain »

Thanks for the info Guys. Im actually using 12.5 now
I have wasted half my life on buggy software ( as well as my own incompetence) - So I will heed the warnings