High quality render error

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Bolvanchik

High quality render error

Post by Bolvanchik »

Hi.
I've tried to render some image montage in 2560x1440, but it stops after few frames and the render window just dissapears. In image sequence i can see that bottom part of few last images is empty.
Any ways to fix it?
Sorry for my English :roll:
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: High quality render error

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Try unchecking 'Enable multi-threaded rendering' in the export window.
If that doesn't work, also try exporting as an image sequence.
You can also try this with the Moho exporter.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Bolvanchik

Post by Bolvanchik »

"Render at half dimension" didn't help.
Unchecking "Enable multi-threaded rendering" didn't help, but more frames rendered before error.
Moho Exporter didn't help.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Since you're doing an image sequence anyway, you might try rendering smaller arts of the animation separately.
Bolvanchik

Post by Bolvanchik »

I usually make a lots of long test renders, so render 20 frames every 1 minute is not cool option at all :?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

The project size is not unusual, so what's the content? Do I guess correctly that you have a lot of imported bitmaps in that project?
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Bolvanchik

Post by Bolvanchik »

slowtiger wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:54 pm The project size is not unusual, so what's the content? Do I guess correctly that you have a lot of imported bitmaps in that project?
77kb moho file. Using image (2560*1440) sequences (hundreds of images) with masks and other effects.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Bolvanchik wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:57 pm
slowtiger wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:54 pm The project size is not unusual, so what's the content? Do I guess correctly that you have a lot of imported bitmaps in that project?
77kb moho file. Using image (2560*1440) sequences (hundreds of images) with masks and other effects.
Ah, you're likely running out of RAM.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

In that case (lots of images) try to split the project in terms of foreground, background, etc, so you can render out layers which are easily stacked and combined later. (Isn't that what Layer Compositions are for? I just do with switching them visible/invisible by hand, but have them organized in handy folders first.)

Bolvanchik

Post by Bolvanchik »

synthsin75 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:12 pm Ah, you're likely running out of RAM.
I've closed many programs and render at half dimension worked with fll time animation. So any options to optimize it in settings?
slowtiger wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:39 am In that case (lots of images) try to split the project in terms of foreground, background, etc, so you can render out layers which are easily stacked and combined later. (Isn't that what Layer Compositions are for? I just do with switching them visible/invisible by hand, but have them organized in handy folders first.)
I need to see everything in test renders. It's not cartoon, it's literally frame by frame video editing and mistakes can be very tiny, so no way to notice them without background.
alanthebox

Post by alanthebox »

Bolvanchik wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:14 pm I need to see everything in test renders. It's not cartoon, it's literally frame by frame video editing and mistakes can be very tiny, so no way to notice them without background.
yikes! is there a reason you need to do this moho? i can't really imagine moho is the best tool for image sequence video editing. if you're in need of some video editing software and are looking for something free, this is a pretty good open source video editor: https://kdenlive.org/en/
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I understand your choice of workflow. However, I only once ran into trouble with Moho and rendering, and that was when I had about 20 Quicktime movies of about 2000x2000px each in a file. After that I made it a habit to check all assets for overblown size, and had no trouble since. In scenes with no camera moves at all my elements are exactly the size they appear. In 3d scenes I enlarge them by 1,25, enough to compensate perspective distortions. Only for scenes with a zoom in I create really large bitmaps - but still only for the parts which will be visible in the tightest close up.

Bolvanchik

Post by Bolvanchik »

alanthebox wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:46 am yikes! is there a reason you need to do this moho? i can't really imagine moho is the best tool for image sequence video editing. if you're in need of some video editing software and are looking for something free, this is a pretty good open source video editor: https://kdenlive.org/en/
Lol, i know how to edit video, i'm using Sony Vegas for it. But I'm making much of masking and shaping, that's why i need moho.
slowtiger wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:27 am I understand your choice of workflow. However, I only once ran into trouble with Moho and rendering, and that was when I had about 20 Quicktime movies of about 2000x2000px each in a file. After that I made it a habit to check all assets for overblown size, and had no trouble since. In scenes with no camera moves at all my elements are exactly the size they appear. In 3d scenes I enlarge them by 1,25, enough to compensate perspective distortions. Only for scenes with a zoom in I create really large bitmaps - but still only for the parts which will be visible in the tightest close up.
I need such big size to move camera freely with zooming then in Sony. I can't use low resolution.