Is it possible to copy an action for a smart bone?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Gaston

Is it possible to copy an action for a smart bone?

Post by Gaston »

Hi,
is it possible to copy an action? I have done a smart bone with an action for my right foot (shoe rotation).
The animation is complex, so I don't want to make it again for the left foot. Is it possible to copy the smart bone with the action and make it ready (rename) for the left side?
I've tried it with copy the keyframes from the action of the right foot, but the points are broken.
Greenlaw

Re: Is it possible to copy an action for a smart bone?

Post by Greenlaw »

You can do this, but you need to edit the names of the Smart Bone and actions in the duplicate to avoid conflict. It may be less confusing to do this in a copy of the file and then copy paste the renamed version to the original file. Another way is to create a new Smart Bone and then copy the keyframes over to the duplicated layers associated with the new Smart Bone Action. Sometimes I find the second method is easier. Either way can be a little tedious, but with a little planning, it's not too bad.

This would be in Moho 12.5. It's difficult if not impossible in Moho 13 because of the switch from Action names to ID. This is the main reason I've switched back to Moho 12.5.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrMiracle77

Post by MrMiracle77 »

I managed to do this successfully the other day with a pair of feet. As Greenlaw mentioned, your layers and smartbones need to have their own name.

You need to copy and paste the smartbone timeline points layer by layer. I tried to do all the layers at once, but I think Moho couldn't figure out which action belonged to which layer on its own. It was still faster than re-creating the actions all over again.

The good news is that if you mirror your shape, the copied timeline moves should be mirrored as well.
- Dave

(As Your GM)
Gaston

Post by Gaston »

Thanks for your great tips :)