yes
13%
no
88%

Total votes: 8
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

7feet wrote:Okay, Mr. Lost Marble Guy, I wanna know how you did the first one. Have you added individual faces to the depth sorting or something? I had posted an early experiment with putting 2d features on an imported 3d head shape, but when I saw the nose mask out the mouth on that sample, I was kind of shocked. You've said recently that you didn't like announcing new features because people expect a lot then, but if if I saw what I think I saw, youse guys got some rabbits up yer sleeves. A WIP copy of the tutorial would sure make a lot of us happy, but as you need.
Basically, the head and the nose are true 3D objects. Then the eyes, mouth, and ears were added as 2D vector objects. There's no special depth sorting going on with the nose - it's just in front of the mouth and eyes. Sorry, but I'm not going to upload the files right now - the priority has to be getting 5.0 out the door, and if I starting releasing tutorials separately from the full manual it's just going to slow down the final release. Soon, I promise!