3D motion and Flash

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

toulouse2k

3D motion and Flash

Post by toulouse2k »

Since your upgrade price is so super-reasonable I plan to upgrade as soon as I take Moho 5 for a test drive. But I do have one question for now. I remember when I tried to do some 3D type effects (ie. moving into the stage past objects in the foreground) and tried to convert it to a .swf file...Flash was pretty balky about it and it didn't work well. Does it work any better now? It's not a make or break thing, since I really don't do that much Moho to Flash stuff anyway...but I'm just curious. Thanks for your time and advice. BTW, I'm using Flash MX 2004.
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

You could use Mohoptimize to cut down your swf animation:
http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=443

Unfortunatly 3D movement in moho has to be exported frame-by-frame, you might want to change your framet rate in moho to something like 12... so it will only export 12 frame for each second, makes file size smaller.

Check Moho Help files > Reference > Flash Tips for what can and can't be exported from moho
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

We have worked to improve 3D movements/layer positioning when exporting to Flash, but it's just not a "natural" thing for Flash to be made to do.

Moho 5 also has the ability to have true 3D layers, but these are not exportable to Flash.
toulouse2k

Post by toulouse2k »

Actually, I just downloaded Moho 5 and tested it.....it works fine!! Great job on this one. I need to get over to the upgrade window and plunk down my $$.