mobile moho

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

razorx

mobile moho

Post by razorx »

ok, this might sound kind of retarded, but i was wondering, wouldn't it be cool if you could use moho on a pocket pc or something?

I think it would be cool for people traveling or something.

Would it be hard for the creators to Make a mobile version of moho?

is it a bad idea?

i dont, just curious i guess
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

I have moho on my tablet pc. So i carry it everywhere with me. Its funny using it at cafe's cause business-types wil lpeak over your head to see what your word processing..then im animating and they get very confused.

I dont think its very well suited for pocketpc. *looks at pocketpc version of blender3d* not enough screen space, awkward-ness...

I can post some pics for ya if you'd like? =P
razorx

Post by razorx »

ok, your probably rihht about not enough screen space, but maybe a reduced version?

maybe just for fun? its probably not good for a tool but maybe fun

what do u think lost marble?

think its do-able?
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

if you really want it, you'd prolly have to contact LM privately and pay for development costs...

I'd imagine lostmarble would prefer working on other things that need attention.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

To tell you the truth, I've actually thought about a PocketPC/Palm version before. However, after thinking about it for a while, there are so many things that would have to be cut out that (if the purpose is just to play around) you'd probably be better off carrying a pad of paper with you and just drawing characters and backgrounds and working on ideas for when you're back at your computer.
razorx

Post by razorx »

well even if there is the possible remote chance you may consider changing your mind...their could be somethings to shorten it but not cut out features Let me draw you a picture of how it might work...

the idea of mine, was instead of having all the tools on the screen, use the menu to pick the things you want to do. For example, unstead of having the draw, fill, bone, and layer tool all on the screen, have just the draw tools, then if you go to the menu and push "bone" the draw tools get replaced by the bone tools, and if you go in the menu and push "layer" all of the bone tools get replaced by the layer tools.

Also, make one tool "block" have more options, for instance, if you hold down the "flip points horizontally" button, it will have a little button that sticks out that lets you push "vertically" Kind of like photoshop if you guys know what I mean

Also, instead of having the color pallette and fill options on the screen, go in the menu and push the fill options, and then a window pops up with the pallette and color tools...yada yada...

I hope the pictures give you more of a perspective. They have been made by heavy photoshoping.

There are a few pratical uses for it.
-Make a cartoon while your "on-the-go"
-For Fun

I just really want to see this have at least a consideration, I think its a cool idea.

2ner

Post by 2ner »

That would be neat. I'd finally have a reason to want to get one of those.
cainmark

Post by cainmark »

This program:
<a href="http://www.novii.com/animator/">Noviianimator</a> is the one I finally settled on for my basic, basic 160*160 greyscale Palm Zire. It has a pretty god export function to gif which exports as single frames which I then convert to PNG using <a href="http://www.irfanview.com/">Irfanview</a>. Then I use those images as a sort of rough outline in the tracing image function and make vector layers in Moho from them. I love Moho 5, but it was a whole new learning curve again. I takes a while to get used to the user interface, but once you do it starts to make more sense. I just can't see it really working any better than what I'm already doing without hogging lots of memory, IMHO.
Question everything.
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Clogging memory be damned. Even if it was a version that only let me switch back and forth between a set drawing and the timeline to tweak animation curves, I could make use of useless time. Would like to be able to draw, though. I use the smallest Wacom tablet for that anyway, so how different could it be? Unless someone performs a miracle and my last 2 1/2 months pay suddenly appears, I don't see buying a tablet PC in my immediate future.

--Brian