WalkTest

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AmigaMan

WalkTest

Post by AmigaMan »

Okay, I know you guys have probably seen this sort of thing thousands of times but I just got AS and I'm excited :D
Just a quick attempt at a walk cycle.

http://www.dalemation.com/DaleWalk.mov
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

Not bad... all the bases seem to be properly covered (anticipation of motion, accounting for basic physics, etc...).
8==8 Bones 8==8
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Any particular techique or tutorial you followed to create the walk cycle? Looks good...
KidMesh

Post by KidMesh »

Not bad :twisted:
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Thanks for the comments. Next time I post some work I will place it in the correct part of the forum :oops:
Any particular techique or tutorial you followed to create the walk cycle? Looks good...
I created two steps of the walk, keyframing every 6 frames. I then copied and pasted those keyfames to continue the walk. I just had to shift the charater to the right, to follow on with the cycle, using the 'move layer' tool. I'm going through the tutes but it's a lot to take in in two days. There's probably an even easier way?
Fahim

Post by Fahim »

Looks great! Good job!

Fahim
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

AmigaMan wrote:There's probably an even easier way?
Not easier, even harder, but more entertaining. Using the tips from the book The Animator's Survival Kit, a must-have for character animators of any level. I especially like the Goofy walks with the broken limbs (ie limbs placed in a unnatural position, just for entertainment purposes). It is going to extremes and then going beyond that.
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Really nice! The tummy seems a little jittery, but I like the combination of bones and vector morph. How long did it take to make this?

When I first got Anime Studio I was amazed at how quick and easy it would be for amateurs and professionals to create traditional quality animation. And I'm still amazed!
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Rasheed - Yeah, I have 'Animators Survival Kit' in my collection. I bought it from Richard Williams at one of his seminars a year or so back. I was lucky enough to visit his studio in London several times when I was about 14 too.

Darthfurby - You're right, the tummy is a bit jittery so I need to take more care with details like that in future. The character is obviously included with AS but the animation probably took an hour. I'm sure it will be faster once I know the software better. I will do more experimentation now with a character of my own I think.