3D content

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rhoel

3D content

Post by Rhoel »

There is a collection of OBJ 3D files with the new AS pro package.

Can anyone throw any light on which modelling/texture burning program was use to general them.

TIA

Rhoel
DarkCryst

Post by DarkCryst »

Does it really matter? Obj is a pretty standard format...

Just wondering what the root of your question is, so we can give a better answer ;)
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Hi,

Were they created by Mike? I'm guessing Wings 3D...
I havent really had a good look at the content since i first downloaded AS
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Rhoel wrote:Can anyone throw any light on which modelling/texture burning program was use to general them.
Well. my memory ain't what it was, but I can remember the "baking" material application being Giles...something. Can't remember which modelling program was used.

HTH

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
CowsCanFly

Re: 3D content

Post by CowsCanFly »

Rhoel wrote:There is a collection of OBJ 3D files with the new AS pro package.

Can anyone throw any light on which modelling/texture burning program was use to general them.

TIA

Rhoel
Why do you need to know?! just make amodal and test it, if this does not work, try a diffrent way, untill you suceed...
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

DarkCryst wrote:Does it really matter? Obj is a pretty standard format...

Just wondering what the root of your question is, so we can give a better answer ;)
Thw obj format is standard but I have had problems with Max burning the textures - for the life of me, I cannot get the materials file to work. I am interested in creating room furnishings in 3D then importing into a new PSB project.

The problem with Max is to do with the lighting, I cannot find a way of getting the maps to work. Maybe I need a plug-in which I don't know about. I have access to Lightwave which can output .obj files, but the learning curve is much higher than Max.

If I have some idea of what the eF content is, then this might be helpful in figuring a solution.

Rhoel

PS: The current project I am completing is pushing the limits of AS and my PC procesing powers - Sc 1 (which is now working thanks to technical advice from Mike) is a huge 45 Meg all-vector file :D - hopefully, you guys will get to see it next month: Technically, it's interesting.

Artistically? well, you'll be the judges of that.