I Can't Understand..

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rai López

I Can't Understand..

Post by Rai López »

I Can't undestand one thing:
Why we can animate the "ugly" Motion Blur Effect and we Can NOT animate the Layer Origin? (SORRY, It's only an example, I haven't anything against "Motion Blur Effect", if I don't want I don't use, only I'd prefer can animate FOCUS DISTANCE, Particles or Line Width, for example...), but is cristal clear that animate Layer Origin is an ESSENTIAL feature that would resoves easily that now are very complicated situations... Well, Sorry, but it's only that I can't understand this, so perhaps nor you can understand my English... ADIÓS!

PD: Sorry again if I seem a bit harsh in my opinions, it's only that I'm a bit impatient waiting Moho becomes in the "BEST PROGRAM IN THE WORLD", well, now it's very near and I'm VERY nervous, that's all :wink:
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

We decided that it was best to not animate the layer origin, as that could lead to all kinds of unexpected motion. I think if you animated the layer origin, and started to see the layer move around seemingly by itself, a lot of people would be confused or think there was a bug in Moho.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Well, I don't know what to say... I only think that all layer animation based programs that I know (AFX, Combustion, premiere, etc) let you animate the Layer Origin, because in some cases it's the best (or only one) way to resolves some situations; it seems to me that refuse this pimary feature is not too much fair, I think that it would must exist, for that everybody could choose if use it or not, but well, it's your program and you must know better than I (without doubt) what is the best for it... *CIAO*

PD: Well, it seems not much practice, but if you are so worried, maybe you could include an advertising (horrid) pop-up window that advise for the possibles "incombeniences" before use this tool during animation... (only an idea).