Forum filtering

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Fazek

Forum filtering

Post by Fazek »

I tried to make a topic today in the scripting forum but it was nearly impossible. It seems it was some kind of sw filter. It rejects posting almost anything I want to post here.
Is it a restriction on me or is it global? How to fake it if I want to put an external link or want to write a longer text?
- - - Fazek
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

I guess it's global, I tried to answer you at another post but I was not "permitted" to write it, it was some code from terminal when running the python-lua thing you wanted someone to test
myles

Post by myles »

Something to do with the word P ython or p ython is hitting a sensitive spot in the forum software. I had to insert spaces to get my reply permitted.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
Fazek

Post by Fazek »

Thanks for the tip. I think they must remove that from the filter (it's easy if the forum is a PHP script), Papagayo uses that P* language...
- - - Fazek
myles

Post by myles »

Hmm, Pyth0n (with a zero instead of the letter O) might be useable as a clumsy workaround - this makes me wonder if the forum software is calling a Pyth0n script somewhere, and is filtering for sneaky code insertion attacks (or perhaps the Pyth0n script is doing the filtering, or maybe even the web server).

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

python? Python ... Someone obviously doesn't like the word 'python' ;)

Monty Python :lol:

Just insert an empty BBcode inside the forbidden word. That seems to be doing the trick.