n00b to Moho...

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Michael_David

n00b to Moho...

Post by Michael_David »

Hello! I'm new to Moho... but I was just wondering, is this the 2d version of Maya? However, I'm impressed... it is way simpler than Maya... I also love its Flash integration!!!

It is somewhat like flash, only simpler... animation is way easier in this than in Flash... man, this is the BEST!!!

Where was Moho based from? I'm just a n00b to Moho, and if anybody could lend me a few tricks... it would be helped!!! I just found out that Moho is way easier to use than Flash... I am sure of that...

Thanks... your n00b speaking... :wink:

Michael_David
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

Welcome!

Don't worry about the nOOb thing. Everyone here is pretty cool about new guys (and gals) asking simple, redundant, or even stupid questions like Does Moho make it's coffee with instant or fresh ground? (the answer is of course that it goes out and gets it from the corner barrister)

2D version of Maya? Kind of but not really. It has much in common (3d elements, particles, FK/IK bones, some new scripting, batch rendering). It's not to that level of complexity (thankfully) and has a bit to go before it reaches that level of ability, but with each update, it makes huge leaps forward (adjustable actions!? Non-linear animation is a fantastic upgrade).

As far as tricks, make sure you do the tutorials in the manual that comes with Moho. Also, check out the other forums, where people are sharing ideas on cool tricks and solving each other's problems.

Again, welcome!

K
________
Zoroastrianism Advice
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
WillBellJr

Post by WillBellJr »

I find Moho to be a close relation to Animation Master (watch the video demonstration) - squishy splines just like Moho, bones, actions - I'm hoping one day Moho will have smartskin and collision detection... 8)

-Will