3D Question

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rai López

3D Question

Post by Rai López »

Somebody can tell me if Can I texturing a 3D object created directly in Moho (like torus or cube examples) by Script? I know that this is not possible because moho have not this feature (yet), but I only want to know if is this possible "by hand" editing *.moho file with Text Editor (adding texture path and some instruction, perhaps) Well, I'll continue investigating, but if somebody knows...
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

No, this isn't possible by script. You could do it by hand-editing the Moho file, but it would be really messy and a pain in the butt. There are a lot of free 3D modelers out there that would be much easier to use instead of trying to hand-edit the 3D properties of a Moho file.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Well, thank you for your post, I'll try to explain now what do I want to do with this, if you say that this can do by hand editing the *.moho file perhaps this is that I'm looking for... I know that is a bit strange that I want to edit manually the *.moho file, but I am searching a method to can texturing my layers (for big backgrounds, i.e.) directly in Moho, like I said, there is a very BIG backgrounds that I want texturing, I can't use image layers because it'd be so HUGE and increase ENOURMOSLY my time renders... I probed too with several images intead only one "tiled" this images, but nothing about the times... I think that Shape effects it'd be perfect for this (cause you can choose TILE or Stretch option) and time renders with this are VERY quickly :D ...but this effects do stranges and weird reactions when camera moves or you transform the layer :(

.well, this is that I thought: I have a scuared and plane 3D object that I've done with a script (four "points" and only ONE face) this is like a scuared shape, but realy is a 3D object, well I got to have changes into the *.obj file for CONTROLED, ASSIGN and TILE the texture and it resulted very easy (cause the object only has one face) ...like the information of 3D objects created directly in Moho by script is in *.moho file (not in external *.obj file), I'd like know what (and how) changes must I do to get the same results in *.moho file that in the *.obj file, because it seems have a different structure and there is not examples to see how do it... I think that a path for the texture and some little changes in *.moho file it'd be enough, could you (or somebody) give me that information? I'd be so GRATEFUL... Well, that's all, uf, uf... CIAO!