question before I buy

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cis4life

question before I buy

Post by cis4life »

Hello,

I have a project, and Im thinking of using MoHo for this, and had a few questions...

I know the current version is version 4.6 so all my question are centered around the current stable release...

1.) I keep hearing that with the current version there are import issues of going from MOHO to Flash. I have Flash MX 2004 what issues are there. (need to know this since I will be basically be exporting my animation out of MOHO in .swf and importing them back into flash)

2.) How easy and stable is the lipsync in the current verison of MOHO

3.) Can I draw my characters in Flash and import the character into MOHO and rig the character easily or is there alot of conversion work to get it to work with MOHO.

4.) Does MOHO allow you to export to .swf with sound (lip sync plus sound)

Thanks,
Cedric
Simpy

Let Me See.

Post by Simpy »

First of all, I would like to say that, though you are wishing your answers be focused around version 4.6, i do believe version 5 is not far away. You could always start in 4.6 and then continue in 5.0. It should let you I believe, correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

Now to your questions,

1. Exporting to .Swf works fine in MoHo for me. So sorry i cant help you on this one. I dont think importing the .Swf into flash will work properly.
2. The Lip-Sync tool is very stable and im sure it will work 100% with your workflow (providing you know how to use it). The Lip-Sync tool is actually achieved through a different program known as Magpie, or Pamela. Reading the tutorial will explain this.
3. Yes.
4. Yes
Last edited by Simpy on Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fear Me Mortals
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

1) umm my findings that fills dont come into flash, i think this will be fixed in final release of moho 5, outlines are fine tho.

2) too easy

3) Basically you save as AI from flash and import into moho, they come in abit off, but yeh, it could be improved. Its still fairly easy to bring flash drawings from flash

4) not too sure, Ive never done sound in moho.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Just to clarify #4. No, Moho 4.6 does not export sound together with Flash. In version 5 we have added this capability, but version 4.x cannot do this.

By the way, when exporting sound with Flash (in version 5), the sound file must be in MP3 format.
Simpy

Post by Simpy »

Ya Sorry, I meant in version 5 for #4.

I wasn't very clear.

My bad.
Fear Me Mortals