Thanks Moho, sound track

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

trash

Thanks Moho, sound track

Post by trash »

I spent a good 16 hours each on Moho and Toon Boom to evaluate which of the 2 I want to use for a full length animation movie. Toon Boom was horribly inferior and far more expensive. The amount of work to do an hour of quality animation in Toon Boom once characters and artwork are done is brutally ugly verses the amount in Moho. Toon Boom is missing so much that Moho does very well. Thank you.

I am planning on buying Moho very soon.

The soundtrack is the one issue i hope is eventually addressed, though people have beat it to death already. Being able to place and move around sounds as layers is the only lacking feature in an amazing product. Pan & volume are the 2 features with sound layers that would be ideal. A character walking from one side of the screen to the other while talking could then have the pan follow, the same if they are walking forwards or backwords changing the volume. Then the sound could be rendered into a wav soundtrack before rendering the video. Keyframes for sound for pan and volume would be heavenly.

While in the real world soundtracks are done first, many of us arent professional animators and are inclined to work backwords, doing the animation first, then adding sound. I can obviously work that way too, but would prefer not to.

To speed sound rendering keeping track of have any sound layers been changed since the last render would allow skipping rendering sound.