Image output with thin white lines (bitmaps).

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

box

Image output with thin white lines (bitmaps).

Post by box »

I have seen some threads about white lines in accordance with vector graphics. My problem is different: we use bitmap images, which are rendered with thin lines around. This is a problem when image parts are inserted into others. Look at the example where the boundary of the cheeks are visible. Inside AS, you don't see anything, but you see the boundaries in the rendered output. Of course the lines are not present in the source images. I tried rendering without the premultiply option, which makes no difference.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Check out this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=9001

-vern
box

Post by box »

Wow, heyvern, lightning-fast reply. I found out that feathering the edges helps, as mentioned in the thread.

The most difficult thing in newsgroups is not getting help but finding the threads where the solutions are already given!

Thanks a lot.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I'd very much like to see the finished animation.
box

Post by box »

@ slowtiger: sorry, forgot to response. You can see the finished animation in ZDF Siebenstein (I can't provide a screening date at present) and on our FILM BILDER website when ready. I'll post a link later.

The problem with the white halo appears when the png is not alisased. I tried to blur the edges slightly which somehow makes it better, but now instead of a thin white line there is a blurry darker zone where the parts overlap.

So there are only two options I am aware of:

1) masking as described in the thread. This can turn out difficult because I'll have to put the cheek layer in a masked group which will result in a static, non-warping layer.

2) integrate vector parts. I made the cheeks as vectors with a light vector noise. This turned out to be the best solution.

However, transparency handling in AS could be... better.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

So there are only two options I am aware of:

1) masking as described in the thread. This can turn out difficult because I'll have to put the cheek layer in a masked group which will result in a static, non-warping layer.
You could incorporate masking into just one layer. No need for the nested layer. Then the bone warping works as it should.

Set all the other layers that shouldn't be masked to "Do not mask this layer". Set the group masking to "Hide all". Set each cheek mask to "Clear the mask and add this layer". What that does is allow for "multiple masks" that don't effect the one above it. Each cheek has it's own mask based on the layer order.

This would eliminate the edge problem (if you don't set "antialiase" in the render export animation settings OR fill the mask shapes with the same color as the "cheek".). Use the images you have and use the vector masking in AS.

-vern
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Forget what I said above. It doesn't work. :oops:

Best off using vectors in AS... and YES YES YES! They should fix the darn antialiasing PROBLEMS (there's a couple) in AS.

-vern