MECHA-whoosamathing?

Seen some cool animation lately? Share it with the rest of us.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

chuckeye

MECHA-whoosamathing?

Post by chuckeye »

Well, I had to change my whole identity to get back in here, nice to have a clean slate though, I guess. :wink:
I love using Anime but check out my slightly dodgey stop motion-MECHANISM.
The footage is very old now 1993 ( off a windup bolex and shot in the living room , no video split )but I just recently pulled it out of the tar pits and edited the sucker.
http://www.atomfilms.com/film/mechanism.jsp
Please feel free write a critique, I seem to have got some chain spam to be usurped there, but be gentle :oops: and don't expect Citizen Kane. :) [/img]
chucky

Holy, locked out of forums for eons -batman.

Post by chucky »

Hey I'm finally back to being me , that was weird,. Thanks Mike.
Anyway I'll post this again, to see if anyone gives me brutal feedback :wink:
I mostly use Anime but check out my slightly dodgey stop motion-MECHANISM.
The footage is very old now 1993 ( off a windup bolex and shot in the living room , no video split )but I just recently pulled it out of the tar pits and edited the sucker.
http://www.atomfilms.com/film/mechanism.jsp
Please feel free write a critique, I seem to have got some chain spam to be usurped there, but be gentle and don't expect Citizen Kane.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

It has a great post-apocalypse "feel". And I really like the TV-vision sequences -- they work well. But I was a bit confused about the story -- was the big yellow robot a woman? (Seemed to have those tell-tale lumps...) And why would robots have to ape human forms and expression? The huge robot at the end could be a less anthropomorphic robot, crushing the old-style human-form robots under foot as it schleps through the landscape...

I liked it. Are you going to develop it some more?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
chucky

spaghetti robotango

Post by chucky »

thanx Jahnocli, in response to the 'is it a woman' question, it's like Magritte said "Ceci n’est pas une pipe".
Anyway you are definitely on to some of the obscure subtext for sure, I have actually changed the ending which had the two robots in a self destructive jaw lock.
As for doing any more- no way ,I shot this back in 93 as I said. It originally was to have a whole bunch of virtual reality stuff going on in the machine's consciousness( which was to be cgi), where the main battle actually took place (viruses n stuff) and even some remote controllers(human), in fact, all very matrixy I even had little virtual flying squid anti virus things in there in the original storyboard.
Of course then I got too busy at work, then matrix came out with all its ( VR and squidy things) and I left the thing for dead till I decided to just whack the stop motion part into some kind of order, after all, grand plans aside it was really a piece shot on the lounge room table, so that's the way it stays.
As for the story, well it's just a spaghetti robotango, nothing more, nothing less. :lol:
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

chucky wrote:spaghetti robotango
Now there's a new film form...!!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?