just a bit of guff

Seen some cool animation lately? Share it with the rest of us.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

chucky

just a bit of guff

Post by chucky »

Well another piece of half polished nonsense,it's a little animatic for an idea for a series.Two idiot aliens, marooned on a little asteroid. I have a whole series of stories of them trying to escape or just suffering the experience, I am thinking of doing some episodes up using anime instead of 3d as I had originally intended.
Here they are called Bubble and Squeek, I had been calling them Bleek and Blork- what do you prefer?

click the link

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: http://redtentacle.com/ :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Feedback would be nice, but as it's an animatic sketch, don't be telling me they should 'blink' more often or anything too pedantic :wink:
Last edited by chucky on Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I clicked on the link, but I couldn't see an animatic anywhere. This wouldn't be the first time I'd missed something that was blindingly obvious, but I believe I pressed every button in sight!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
chucky

Post by chucky »

have a go now , I just reposted as there was a transparency error issue, it works all dandy now the animatic appears on the yellow player as a quicktime. try refreshing redtentacle and press the GREEN PLAY button. :D
If your quicktime player is not set to auto play then you will also have to press the little QT play button on the animatic itself.. :idea:
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

When I press the green PLAY button I go to "Mistakes and Ladders", with a blank screen. Below that are two links to Bubble's Place and Squeek's Place. I like the general grungy feel, but I still can't see any animatic (I understand an animatic to be a soundtrack for a movie with limited visuals as an accompaniment)...I've refreshed the browser and pressed every button in sight...
chucky

Post by chucky »

Hmmm strange , it all works fine here and on the laptop, I've checked the source code and the .mov is definitely coming from the right place.
Anyone else got problems? If it's a codec issue then I'll make it as a .swf.
OK now its a flash movie, should work for anybody. :shock:
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Ha ha! Wow, I saw it at last! Thanks for your efforts! I really liked the characters and the environment -- kind of like a cross between the "Clangers" and Saint-Exupery's "Little Prince" (never thought I'd write a sentence like that...). But the story was very confusing; a ladder to a light in the sky, then the character disappears, then he appears again -- and I don't know why. Similarly with falling down the hole, and ensuing mayhem...

But really nicely drawn and designed.
chucky

PLUMBING THE DEPTHS

Post by chucky »

Remember the game asteroids?
Bubble climbs up the ladder to mysterious light in the sky and comes out of the crater, Squeek decides that if the ladder is gone he could leave the asteroid via the crater - downwards- thus the endless loop.
Maybe grunts and chirps don't get this idea across, my visual communication must be sucking badly, otherwise I wouldn't be typing this. :oops:
I knew I should have been a mechanic. :roll:
I think I'll stick to the adage Keep.It.Simple.Stupid. in future