Some of my animation work

Seen some cool animation lately? Share it with the rest of us.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kdiddy13

Some of my animation work

Post by kdiddy13 »

http://www.galaxy12.com/gallery.html

Thought some of you may be interested in what I've done before. Some of the work on the sight has won awards, some of it hasn't.

Mostly I've focused on 3d animation up until now. My next project will most likely be 2d done primarily with Moho. I'll keep you all posted.

I'd love to hear what you all think.

Enjoy!

Kurt
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
mistress_distress

re: your work

Post by mistress_distress »

great animations, i love the concepts and editing. thanks for sharing those. i will definitely be looking forward to seeing what you do with moho.
-♥
james

Post by james »

Aliens Attack was absolutely hysterical. Thank you for making my work day much more enjoyable! I love the flying saucer on the very visible string...very "Ed Wood".

Keep up the fantastic work! :D
James Bernardinelli
Big Castle Productions
"Quality cartoons in bad taste."
www.bigcastleproductions.com
james@bigcastleproductions.com
JCook

Post by JCook »

Urinal Etiquette is a classic!

Jack
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Cool stuff. I dunno, I spent so much time in my formative years tring to make the smoothest clay animation that I could it's a little hard to be super enthusiastic. But, I like it, the wheelbarrow at the end in particular. Nice piece, the "Alens Attack". But, I also have to throw in, if half of the file is the credits, as much as you want to be recognized... If you still consider peolple downloading on dial-up, put the credits in the text and give 'em a break. After all these years I just got a place with at least DSL. For my own stuff, I try to consider those who don't.

--B
kdiddy13

Just what was I thinking!?

Post by kdiddy13 »

I feel a bit silly explaining this, but thought it might be helpful to hear what I was thinking (and maybe figure out where I went wrong).
I spent so much time in my formative years tring to make the smoothest clay animation that I could it's a little hard to be super enthusiastic.
I was hoping the joke would play through past the lack of polish. One, the contest only allowed for $50 to be spent and no computers (aside from editing and image capture). Two, the contest was "The Backyard Filmmaker" contest, trying to get filmmakers back to their roots of in expensive but creative filmmaking. Three, I think I would have done it almost exactly the same way even with out all of these limitations (although the limitations certainly had their hand in shaping the idea to begin with). Aren't over polished, substance-less films what everyone complains about during the summer season? In addition, I think fully polished, beautiful models would have taken away from the "Ed Wood" like feel and ultimately detracted from the joke. My work may be dirty, but I'm hoping that it will at least be funny.
I also have to throw in, if half of the file is the credits, as much as you want to be recognized... \put the credits in the text and give 'em a break.
Again, I was hoping the joke would play out. Most people I've shown it to realise that the over use of credits merely sets up the audience to expect a longer film, making the punchline that much funnier. It's also a slight dig at my past experience at school where people would give themselves credit for absolutely everything they did, instead of just putting created or directed by. If you'll look at my other films, you'll find I've used my name once and that I'm not trying to be "recognized". In this case it was a matter of timing and telling a funny joke, not an over inflated ego.
If you still consider peolple downloading on dial-up, put the credits in the text and give 'em a break. After all these years I just got a place with at least DSL. For my own stuff, I try to consider those who don't.
I mostly agree. When I had dial-up (and even now that I have DSL), I found myself very frustrated by over bloated flash websites that took way to long to download and movies/images that no one bothered to compress. I've tried to make my movies as small as possible with the tools I have available. However, I won't sacrifice my artistic intent (for instance cutting the lead up to the joke) by re-editing my material. It almost wouldn't be worth showing it.

I hope this clears things up :)
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

No worries, kdiddy13 - I think the film was very funny. The credits were a good joke in themselves. While beautifully crafted films can be a pleasure to watch, I personally also enjoy something a little "rough". I think if the claymation was as smooth as Wallace and Gromit, it wouldn't have been nearly as funny.
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

Thank you for the kind compliments and constructive criticism. I enjoy hearing back from the audience, good or bad (mostly prefer the good...). Hopefully, by hearing what people didn't like I can improve on my next atempt. And hearing what people did like, helps me know what worked. :D
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sang820

Example:Welcome to China!

Post by sang820 »

:)

I like the scene cartoon function of MOHO ~~~
This is my works:
http://www.huoshen.com/community/bbs/at ... 17bq20.swf
[/url]
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

sang820 - I LOVE your animation! Was this done in Moho? You should post the link in a new subject heading, so others don't miss it. :D :D
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

Sang820:
I agree with Barry. Beautifull work.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

sang820 - I LOVE your animation! Was this done in Moho? You should post the link in a new subject heading, so others don't miss it. :D :D
sang820

aiaiaiaiai~~~

Post by sang820 »

Barry Baker wrote:sang820 - I LOVE your animation! Was this done in Moho? You should post the link in a new subject heading, so others don't miss it. :D :D

:P Very glad that you will like my works ! :3 Hope not issuing by new one connection, it can have thought not pouring water :)
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Kdiddy-

Ah , you didn't do anything wrong. I just looked back at my post, and I musta been awful tired, 'cause I'm coming across as most unnecessarily harsh, and I've put on my hairshirt. I can sometimes run out of humor at the end of a 20 hour day. I'm sure that I'd seen way too many of the ego bits at that time and it just went ("whooOOOSH!") right over my head.

Also, I just recently looked into the costs for stock and processing for even Super-8. Jeez, how times change. You'd be lucky to get in under that budget just there. And, haveing just this moment checked it out again, I see where you were coming from. The models had nothing to do with it, I think they're great. I was just always the "I'm animating on ONES, dangit" kinda guy. Got me a scolarship to a summer film program when I was 15, which did a complete 180 to my course in life, but technique has to fit the purpose. Took me years to loosen my work up. Spending a solid week on a six second shot isn't conducive to loose.

I agree with you, don't sacrifice your artistic intent for anyone. I've had to do too much of that working on commercial projects, won't if it's my own. I still consider criticism from people I respect, but to a point. So forgive me for being a dink.

--Brian
henry_e1

Post by henry_e1 »

hey kdiddy, what programs did you use for your 3d animations? like the one of the boy who could smell the future...