Kung Fu Cooking Girls

Seen some cool animation lately? Share it with the rest of us.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Patmals

Kung Fu Cooking Girls

Post by Patmals »

Some very good animation from a sall Chinese animation company called Wolf Somke.
IF you watch the credits at the end, mentions MOHO studio which Anime studio user Sang 0820 is one of the animators.
If anything was done using AS, it is not clear.

Check it out for yourself - No subtitles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUDNXlIX ... re=feedlik

Main Youtube page

http://www.youtube.com/user/WolfSomke

San820"s channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/sang820
Last edited by Patmals on Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Some great animation in there.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

I totally let them have it for having 90 seconds of credits at the end. TOO MANY CREDITS!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm kidding of course, that was great stuff!
~Danimal
Manu

Post by Manu »

From the creators: “We did key frames on paper first then used vector software to do the between frames and color painting. This is the first time that we use this way to do stuff. Over 4000 key frames hand drawing and over 10,000 inbetweens in this movie.”
2ner

Post by 2ner »

It says "Ending MOHO Animation AOGO" which is the subtly animated background of the closing credits. This is beautifully done and reminds me of Sang's work. The style is quite different from the main animation. I was going to post here about this but you beat me to it. I'm not usually an anime fan, but I really like this short.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Whoa, well done (lots of fan service, though). I would be curious to know if AS was used on other than the ending credits.
Manu

Post by Manu »

neeters_guy wrote:Whoa, well done (lots of fan service, though). I would be curious to know if AS was used on other than the ending credits.
Well, they claim they used Moho to both clean up and inbetween the hand drawn animation. The hand drawn animation counted 4000 drawings, the inbetweens over 10,000. In other words, Moho was used as a traditional assistant.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Thanks for clarifying. This is truly amazing work. Next time someone asks if AS can do this type of animation, the answer will be an equivocal Yes!

I don't want to presume the animators' influences, but this reminds me of a Japanese anime series called Miki Ramen Fighter. It's only similar in premise however...the interpretation is uniquely Chinese. Also, there are sequences that recall scenes from Stephen Chow's film Shaolin Soccer (the bun-making scene for example).
Manu

Post by Manu »

neeters_guy wrote:Thanks for clarifying. This is truly amazing work. Next time someone asks if AS can do this type of animation, the answer will be an equivocal Yes!
With the qualifier that the animation is done outside AS/Moho. It would be disingenuous to claim you can achieve this with just AS/Moho.
In this case, the actual animation was born on a good old-fashioned traditional lightbox. Not everybody has one of those. Which is why I believe ASP needs proper frame-by-frame tools. We'd see much more work like this coming out of AS if it had good frame-by-frame support.