Believe or not:Disney

Seen some cool animation lately? Share it with the rest of us.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Personally I'm not a big fan of the Disney empire but they have made some good decisions aswell as bad ones. The problem many people have with Disney seems to be that most choices tend to be business related instead of creative choices, and I can understand creative people (like Moho users) are not fond of that aspect of Disney. I think I got a link through this forum once about The Lion King being based on a Japanese cartoon series, the similarities were astounding...

On the point of creativity and the pioneering of animators I want to suggest everyone interested to read this article;
http://mag.awn.com/?ltype=pageone&article_no=2214
It's an interview with the creator of Ren and Stimpy. He has some outspoken opinions on Disney as opposed to other animation giants. Interesting article.

As a side note, in a couple of weeks I will visit Disneyland Europe for the first time in my life (30 years old...and living with my parents again...and I like Star Trek...at least I'm not a fat virgin too). They have a (new?) park dedicated to the production of animation, I'm looking forward to seeing that (and French kissing Minnie Mouse at a photo opportunity, it IS France of course).

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

I think I got a link through this forum once about The Lion King being based on a Japanese cartoon series, the similarities were astounding...
I don't recall that link in this forum (it may be in here, I just don't remember it), but the name of the animated series was "Kimba: The White Lion" by Osamu Tezuka. Here's one of many links to the comparison of the two:

http://www.kimbawlion.com/rant2.htm
james

Post by james »

Disney is pushing out the independents by blacklisting them. Disney owns everything...television stations, movie theaters...ever wonder why you never see true independent movies at the multiplexes?

Sure, Disney may be very good animation from a technical and artistic point of view, but why waste all that time and energy on nothing? And all of there cartoon movies? Give me a break.

They are vanilla. That gets stale after a while. They aren't doing anything new with their content. It's just the same thing, time and time again. And they are pure EVIL. :evil:
James Bernardinelli
Big Castle Productions
"Quality cartoons in bad taste."
www.bigcastleproductions.com
james@bigcastleproductions.com
james

Post by james »

Okay, I know it's "cool" to bash Disney and all, but to write off their earliest cartoons as "boring pieces of crap" or "unimaginative pieces of waste" is pretty harsh, if not completely ignorant.
You're ignorant. I should have known, coming from Los Angeles and all, that you'd be a Disney lover. Did you know he was into pedophilia?
James Bernardinelli
Big Castle Productions
"Quality cartoons in bad taste."
www.bigcastleproductions.com
james@bigcastleproductions.com
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

All right, that's enough. This thread is getting too personal, so I'm going to close it down. Let's try and keep things civil around here.