My latest 3d animation job, need some feedback please!

Seen some cool animation lately? Share it with the rest of us.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

madfx

My latest 3d animation job, need some feedback please!

Post by madfx »

dm

Post by dm »

Interesting that you posted this on a 2D board.

What's the end purpose of this?

Here goes:

Little annoyances: Color bars and title card at head. Why do we need an explanation of who the good/bad guys are? The spot needs to stand on its own. Watermark throughout.

Incoherent. What point are you trying to make? It's not clear enough. If you're trying to say Simple Mobile doesn't have a contract, then say it.

Nothing about mobile until the end. 2 year (not pluralized) contract for what? I have a contract on my DSL, and on my TV service. The contract duration doesn't mean anything on its own.

Why is the background green? It's the wrong green for Simple Mobile's color. And then you extend it onto the characters. It's disconcerting. Look at Simple's commercials. They only intersperse the green, and they do it to accentuate.

For what it is, the animation is OK. I don't care much for the feature-less rubber characters. Maybe put a face on the good guy, and leave the bad guy blank (if that's what you need to do).

Actually, it just doesn't work (on many levels). Get a point, make it a 20 or 30 second spot instead.

If Simple gave you that for a job, it's pitiful. If you're doing that looking for a job, there's nothing in it that stands out enough to bother with pursuing you further.

hmmm, one post, unrelated to the board you posted it on. I'm guessing you won't be back anyway. I wonder how people end up in Anime Studio ville sometimes.