Anime Pro vs Toon Boom

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Zon

Post by Zon »

scunge wrote:What helped me turn the corner was seeing the Rose Agent movies and watching with such speed and simplicity how the artist used the square, oval, add point, curvature, hide line and line width tools with such genius.
I too have been reading both forums and web sites and trying to decide which would be better for my "needs" as someone who is interested in creating animations for the first time. This thread was pretty helpful. Thanks to all who contributed.

Would anyone be able to provide a link to the video scrunge is referring to above?

Thanks much.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Zon wrote:
scunge wrote:What helped me turn the corner was seeing the Rose Agent movies and watching with such speed and simplicity how the artist used the square, oval, add point, curvature, hide line and line width tools with such genius.
I too have been reading both forums and web sites and trying to decide which would be better for my "needs" as someone who is interested in creating animations for the first time. This thread was pretty helpful. Thanks to all who contributed.

Would anyone be able to provide a link to the video scrunge is referring to above?

Thanks much.
http://graphics.smithmicro.com/article/ ... 2267/1/793
If you scroll down on this page there are like nine clips.
Astrocloud

Post by Astrocloud »

So which is better? A hammer or a wrench?
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Astrocloud wrote:So which is better? A hammer or a wrench?
If you want to drive nails into wood, I prefer a hammer, though a wrench could be used for that as well. Use the right tool for the job.
rogermate

Link is dead, anyone have another?

Post by rogermate »

Are these videos on another site?

Or maybe someone knows what if there is another link?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

:( It appears they have taken them down. Looks like there's no more free demo.
rogermate

Post by rogermate »

synthsin75 wrote::( It appears they have taken them down. Looks like there's no more free demo.
Was it a demo? I thought they were referring to samples/examples. Either way, it is probably short sighted of Smith Micro. The more they share, the more potential customers.

I'd look on youtube, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

If I had to guess I'm thinking it might be related to a discussion we had here where someone (bg) was questioning the value of the Rose Agent character given that the animations were probably worth more than the actual character itself (which is pretty useless, IMHO, for doing anything or even learning anything).

I grabbed those videos a long time before I bought RA (on sale for $15 at the time) but I still haven't gotten around to looking at them (one of these days... :>)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah there seems to be even less on the Smithmicro site than before for AS.
erey

Re: Anime Pro vs Toon Boom

Post by erey »

There's a new discussion going on this topic, we'd love to hear your thoughts: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27681
erey
erey@smithmicro.com

Share your work with me!
Twitter
Facebook
YouTube
Vimeo