MyToons Portfolio solution - free!

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dazza101

MyToons Portfolio solution - free!

Post by dazza101 »

Thought this new portfolio solution from MyToons might be of interest to everyone. Its free and looks very simple to use (I assume they are generating revenue from advertising, but I'm not sure).
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

Please be very careful of putting your copywrited work any where other than your own storage. Read the EULA very carefully. There are wolves out there. This is what I found....
Excepting only your own Submitted Content, MyToons shall exclusively own all right, license and title to all content on or submitted to us through this site, including MyToons, Submitted Content, animations, designs, graphics, video, scripts, interactive features, audio, text, information, software, sound, music, and all other content, and their selection and arrangement (the "Site Content"), and all intellectual property rights in and to the Site Content. Without limiting the foregoing, except for your Submitted Content, MyToons shall also own all right, license and title to any materials you add or create on MyToons, including all postings, reviews, ratings or other material you may create, all of the foregoing deemed to be part of the Site Content, accordingly, you hereby irrevocably assign to us all of your right, title and interest in any of the foregoing (including any right under copyright). We and our licensors reserve all rights in and to the site, MyToons and Site Content and your use of any Site Content is pursuant to a limited, fully revocable license from MyToons. You may not modify, distribute, use, publish, reproduce, copy, print, display, , upload, post, broadcast, license, transmit, sell, create derivative or collective works from, or otherwise exploit in any form or by any means or at any location, in whole or in part, any Site Content without our prior express written permission, except that the foregoing does not apply to your Submitted Content that you legally post to the site. We strictly prohibit any use of the site or the Site Content other than as specifically provided herein, without our prior written permission, and will terminate all licenses granted to you herein if you violate this prohibition. This is not the complete eula there is more on the site itself.
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
cribble

Post by cribble »

If you make money from your animations, don't use it.

If you don't make money from your animations, use it.

I think they're pretty good (bar their youtube usage of my animations), though their HD service isn't as good as vimeo's.

They probably boost my website hits by about 200 a day.
--Scott
cribble.net