Video-Editor with "redbox"

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Hiddicop

Video-Editor with "redbox"

Post by Hiddicop »

I would realy like to find a video-editing program that has a "redbox"-feature (a effect that makes everything red in a animation transparent). I've found a program that has blue-, green-, white- and blackbox, but not red. And red is the color I want. So now I'm asking if anybody knows of a program with redbox.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

In After Effects you can use colour-key and key to whatever colour you want, there must be other programs you can do this in as well, just can't think of any right now.
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

Well, I've already got a video-editor that does everything I want - excpet the color-boxing (it only handles black, blue, green and white) - so I din't realy want to spend 300$ just for that feature. I'm looking for something as cheap as possible.
JohnO

Post by JohnO »

Try EditStudio from Pure Motion. Amongst many other things the, Chroma key and Luma key are very powerful.

The Chroma key will let you select a specific colour to be keyed and then adjust tolerance, feathering and whether that colour is included or excluded. Some really groovy effects can be attained. :D

At £20 for the 'entry level' package it's pretty inexpesive. The full-up version is £60 and worth every penny. Give the trial version a blast...
Eall cræft unnytt bið þonne Engel on þinum flintloce micgeð
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

Yeah, EditStudio was just what I was looking for. Great program!

Thank you!
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

JohnO beat me to it, ES is a great package and a new version is currently in Beta that will add some powerful new features and enhanced old features.

Oh yeah, and like Lost Marble great Forum support!

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com