Adobe buys Macromedia

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kdiddy13

Adobe buys Macromedia

Post by kdiddy13 »

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/business/42364.html

Now maybe Flash will work better in After Effects, because it's the only way I can get accurate line widths out of Moho.

I'm just glad the buy out wasn't the other way around. Imagine if Macromedia started developing Photoshop and After Effects specifically for the web market like they did with Flash. yuck
________
How to roll a blunt
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
cribble

Post by cribble »

WHAT???!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
woaaahhhh.....

Lets hope they make a good job of it...

Are they open to suggestions??... make everything cheaper!
--Scott
cribble.net
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

Yeah, Adobe's known for inexpensive software :lol:

They did a good job with improving Cool Edit Pro (now Audition). I have high hopes for them integrating Flash and Adobe's other imaging products better. Perhaps even integrating it into menu creation for DVD's with Encore, that would rock. I always liked Adobe's take on animation much better than Macromedia's. It worked like After Effects, with being able to key individual channels and adjust graphs and such, much like Moho, with the addition of tangent controls on the graphs. Flash (as is much discussed here) could really use a pretty big overhaul with reguards to animation considering how much it's being used in broadcast media.

I just hope they don't screw up Dreamweaver too much. That's a top notch piece of web software if you ask me.
cribble

Post by cribble »

Imagine how good their "Studio" package is going to be now.....
--Scott
cribble.net
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

If you can't beat them, buy them...

Well I was turned off Flash a long time ago, Adobe a longer time ago so instead of ignoring two companies I only have to ignore one :)

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com